Cheap Powell on EBay right now!

capguncowboy

wtf is wrong with people? So, he started with a "very clean lightly used example" and then he stripped it down and redid it and replaced the original hardware and tires. How is the previous condition even relevant at that point?

Then there's the price --$25k ? Really? I mean, I know Powell's are nice bikes, but $25k? No. Then he mentions that he'll take better pictures later. I'm sorry, but if you're going to pop onto Ebay asking some crazy f---ed up price for a bike, you'd better make sure you've got all your ducks in a row, and a "restored" Powell that's missing all of the original parts and the hard-to-find throttle isn't exactly it.

Some people...

I know that guy too. His name is Claude Frank. Nice guy. pretty sure that is a typo lol. I'd say he probably wanted 2500 not 25k. I got the bonanza off him awhile back. He use to live in Jersey and came to one of the hot dog shows one time.

I'm not even gonna tell you guys about the Phantom roller my little sister picked up for me 2 weeks ago in Colorado Springs , yes it's missing a few parts but I damn near stole it , I cant believe it didn't make it on here , it was on C.L. ??

capguncowboy

I'm not even gonna tell you guys about the Phantom roller my little sister picked up for me 2 weeks ago in Colorado Springs , yes it's missing a few parts but I damn near stole it , I cant believe it didn't make it on here , it was on C.L. ??
About a year ago, I located one in western Colorado for $50. It was a little rough, but it was mostly all there. I called the guy and someone had just left with it. I wonder if it's the same one.

I still think you should have your sister just go on and ship it to my house. You won't miss it. Between all the vacations you take and your other projects. Your not gonna have time for it. :thumbsup:

Maybe he wanted $1500 and then he saw the other unrestored one pop up for $1650 and thought he would increase his price to be more in line with the unrestored bikes price point? Then typo....?

I don't think so Andrew as this young man was a Michigan transplant , who knows ? It's in my sisters barn for now and yea I have a few too many projects so no hurry to get it in my hands as it could create some grief on the home front !

capguncowboy

I don't think so Andrew as this young man was a Michigan transplant , who knows ? It's in my sisters barn for now and yea I have a few too many projects so no hurry to get it in my hands as it could create some grief on the home front !
Yeah, that's not it. This one was red at one point, but was mostly rust colored when I saw it. Yeah, I've got a couple of projects I'd love to do, but my wife's attitude towards them is a little on the edge at the moment. I let some of my to-do list slip over the past few months. I've gotta get that done first, then back to the bikes!