Childhood dream..many years later

delray

you will need to clearcoat his signature and date,so it does not come off:thumbsup:
don't you think a H50 big block would look little oversize in that frame? or do you mean a HS-small block.

Yep..I was gonna clearcoat it cause I know that would be the first thing I would end up smudging it. And actually..they have a very large engine area so the H-50 wont look shoe-horned in...lol. I just don't wanna end up with a clone in it. I wanna give it an old school look.:thumbsup:

Hey Cheese...play around with some scrap metal and write on it with a black Sharpie and try the clear you're going to use....I've seen it attack the black marker and make it blurry :doah:...depending on the solvent in the clear paint...should be fine, but you don't wanna end up with a mess :thumbsup:

delray

most automotive paint should work just fine. i would do couple test runs first too. fog your first couple coats and give it some time to dry between coats. this way you won't have any chemical reaction with the marker when you give it a full coat of clear.:thumbsup:

zeeman

Congratulations on a very cool chopper. I have only had one brand new minibike, a Honda QA 50. Not even close to yours in coolness. I like the H50 idea.

LiL Indian

On Saturday I got to spend a few hours at Allied Leisure. I was able to spend time with one of the original brothers that created Lil Indian..Ray Michrina. He is a interesting person to talk to and is loaded with mini bike history and actual pics to back it up....and also a heck of a nice guy. I was able to buy an NOS Outlaw 2 chopper from him...which means this is my very first brand new mini bike ever. And yes I have a few bikes..but never new..so I felt like a young kid at Christmas. As a special touch, he also signed and dated it for me. Anyways..here it is before I complete assembly...
Bill, I was very blessed to finally meet Ray in person on 6/24&25/11 Fri & Sat at Allied Leisures Sale-Show & Swap.I brought a 1970 LiL Indian 7000-A with me ( A very rare bike they made) to get some ideas on its restoration. Ray was extremely helpful in setting me up with parts that were still available for it. I have one of their kits ( a Red 2008 large springer fork model,5 mid 60's LiL Indian Century series mini bikes (Model's 400-700 ) in various stages of restoration, As well as a 1971 Sabre. It was a blessing because I live in Kansas City Missouri and I brought my 8 yr old son. Ray took us on a tour of the warehouse as well as showing us the LiL Indian Scrapbook. My son was in awe of everything as well as all the people and mini bikes that were at the show. We took in a Tigers game too What an amazing stadium!!, Have fun with your chopper I will have to get one in the future! Blessings,Warren Tibbs

PS: If you are on facebook check out our LiL Indian Mini Bike page and join if you like!! :-D

Hey Warren..I was actually at that show also. Sounds like you and your son have a good memory to share about the show and your trip. I will have to check the page. Good luck with your builds.:thumbsup: