Cleaning up a Tillotson

korndog

Bought this carb off eBay and am cleaning it up and replacing most of the parts. I've never done one before, so I'm taking my time to hopefully do it right. Here it is in case you've never seen a Tillotson "field stripped". If anyone has any tips, please feel free to share.

Picked up this HL368A alcohol carb with intake and Clements Velocity Stack. Put a little Flitz on the stack and it shined up nice.

Here it is disassembled for routine cleaning and minor rebuild:

korndog

ok, that wasn't hard at all. New gaskets, diaphragms, needle, seat, fuel screen. I guess I'll check it out in a day or two at MDB's to set the pop-off and try the clone on Alcohol.

Sorry Hothead; don't know where to get that stack.

what engine you gonna run this one on ?
Well, I'm probably going to run it on a LM with big valves and 98 EXP cam. But, was thinking about giving it a shot on the built clone. I read that it was a little lean for LM flatheads that it was designed for, so maybe I'm thinking it might be right for the OHV. What do you think? BTW, do you have a 360 laying around anywhere for cheap? It's going to be bored out. I was going to do that with this carb, but the carb guy says there is not enough meat on this model for him.

we need some video of it runnin.
No doubt there will be. Solo Cali always shoots lots of video at the drag spot.
I'm sure he'll be shooting the over 50 class race between me and Evil Ed. The bike went over 65MPH with a light jockey on it last week. We'll see what happens next time.

Well, I'm probably going to run it on a LM with big valves and 98 EXP cam. But, was thinking about giving it a shot on the built clone. I read that it was a little lean for LM flatheads that it was designed for, so maybe I'm thinking it might be right for the OHV. What do you think? BTW, do you have a 360 laying around anywhere for cheap? It's going to be bored out. I was going to do that with this carb, but the carb guy says there is not enough meat on this model for him.
yeah that is to small for a open Flathead. i do have a 360 done up for a open Flathead i can let go.

Good luck:thumbsup: did u make:grind: the forks on the sears bike? they look good
Which ones? but no, I don't really make stuff like that. Can't weld; just learning all this stuff as i go. Lot's of fun. there are some really good fabricators and engine builders here, but I'm just an enthusiastic student of the game at this point.