Clements Racing Products

capguncowboy

I started working on my Cat Duster MX last night. The previous owner had a 5hp Briggs on it when I got it and I honestly haven't paid much attention to it. After I removed it from the bike, I set it over to the side and started cleaning the frame. I didn't notice the head on the bike until about an hour later.

I looked up a bit and found their site, but it's hard to navigate and I couldn't find anything out about it beyond that. I pulled the shroud and the flywheel is your standard B&S flywheel, and the bore under the head looks pretty standard (I've never modded an engine, so I'm not sure what I should be looking for anyway.

Anyone know anything about it? I figured it came off of a racing cart

capguncowboy

Someone already bought it. It's on its way to Long Beach as of Monday.

I really don't have any intentions on getting into tuning racing engines at this point, so I was happy to see it go to someone that will use it.

I still have a clutch/chain guard off the same engine that I'm not sure I'll use. It's aluminum and the bolt holes are cracked, but it's still usable. I can't find any identifying marks on it.

I might put it on a custom big-wheel bike I've got. Still not sure.

His name is mike clements. He is pretty active on 4cycle.com I've had several dealings with him. He bought the supercharged briggs in my avatar.

Last edited: