clone pushrods

I thought i had it set rite. No its modified, I have a billet rod, flat top piston,.265 mod cam, a stock Gx160 head with 18lb springs. I talked to AGK and they said the lash could have been wrong or just a clone weak link.

Could be the stock rods are not too impressive.
Try and get some Honda ones or Aftermarket.

Did you do any other damage?

265 mod cam might put some exra stress on the rods because its a regrind and the vlave geometry is not where its suposed to be.
I'm strugling with the same issues but I have the stronger push rods.

Bent valve train components are usually from piston to valve contact,your cam could be installed out of time,to much valve lift from to big a cam,wrong piston to rod combo,if you remove head you will probably see where the valve made contact with the top of the piston,you can always check a combo by putting a small amount of modelers clay on top of the piston and installing the the head and turning the motor over and check for clearence issues.:scared:

I say it was the lash set to tight. My motor has been built for 2 years now and up till the beginning of this year I put ss valves and chrome moly push rods was running regular clone stuff before and on my tiny tach it turns 7800 and I've done that for a mile at a time and no prob. And I have the 275 cam and 26 lbs springs. So I say lash was to tight get moly rods and set lash and be happy for years :thumbsup:

There was no valve to piston contact. musta had valve lash wrong. gonna triple check it after i get my cm rods. Thanks for all the input everybody!! it's much appreciated. :thumbsup::drinkup:

One thing to note in setting the valve lash. It will change when you tighten the small nut. The first time I adjusted the lash and then tightened everything down, the lash was way too tight. After you have done it a few time (always recheck after tightening down everything) you learn to know how much the difference is. I always turn the motor over several times (by hand) and check the lash again to make sure nothing changed.