Clown mini

delray

who wants to be the first one to email the guy and tell him they didn't make a tecumseh like that in the 60's.........:doah:,,,,,,,:laugh:

Ask mini-matic..he has one of those Shriners bikes. And he knows everything about them. Should have an Olsen motor originaly. Just sayin.

delray

yes cheezy1, olsen & rice sounds more like it.........:thumbsup: just funny seeing that tecumseh with 80's/90's decal on the plastic recoil.......:laugh:

yes cheezy1, olsen & rice sounds more like it.........:thumbsup: just funny seeing that tecumseh with 80's/90's decal on the plastic recoil.......:laugh:
The story I was told was they switched over to the Tecumseh motors at some point because they were more reliable. I think some local guy around here made them specificaly for Shriners to use in parades dressed as cops and robbers. If you go on U-tube you can see some driving around.

Keystone kops

Here you go Guy's,these bikes were made in around 1968 by the Detroit Shriners Keystone Kops.I was told 26 were made in total,the only one's that have been for sale,being very few,are the one's that retired Shriner's desided to keep,then sell.The bikes were made at General Motors,on most likely the night shift,by a Shriner who happened to work there,there are parts from both,Ruttman and Lil Indian on these bikes.I also heard that another shriner worked at a Chrome shop,hence,the Chrome plating:thumbsup:The bikes were 1st made,useing an Ohlsson & Rice engine,not enough power!!,they then went to a polan engine,not much better,then,in the late 80's they went to a Tecumseh tch300 2hp engine and made up a suitable jackshaft assembly.Currently,the Shriner's only have a few of these left,less then 10 I think with some still having the Teke engines and they desided to use the Chinese pocket bike engines now,personally,I think it's a mistake:grind: I currently have one of these and have included a pic,I am currently doing my own resto on mine.You hardly see 2 of these bikes the same because,each shriner done "HIS" own thing to the bikes over the years.My bike in a parade a few years ago,clipped along at about 25 to 30 mph and Im 6'3" 245 LBS.The resto I am currently doing includes some HI performance work to the engine,including,porting,exspansion chamber,etc:thumbsup:

keystone picture

Here's another pic ,probably from the late 60's to early 70's showing the Shriners with these same bikes.Curiously fun,guessing which one is mine!!:thumbsup:

delray

thanks for the history mini-matic........:thumbsup: now we know why it has a newer motor on it.
you see what it went for $710:no:..:doah:
notes the one on ebay also had a large piece of tubing on top of the frame going under the seat area.....:shrug: