Clutch question?

I bought a clutch a couple years ago and just got around to putting it on a motor this week. I paid a small fortune for it since it's for a 1 inch shaft. Anyway, when I pull to start the motor the clutch is already engaged! I have to get back wheel off ground to start it. This clutch looks well made and is heavy, but seems like it's junk. Is there a way to fix this? Anyone ever heard of this? Thanks!

I can't see how that is possible unless the spring is broken and/or there is some rust in there. You can try tapping it all around with a hammer to knock it loose. I don't think you want to squirt any oil in there.

KB2ROCKET

the drum may be stuck on the bushing or bearing .
I would investigate as to why its stuck Im guessing its nothing major if its a new clutch

Think I got if figured out. I pulled the snap ring off and there were 2 thin shims/spacers under it. i took one out and put it back together and it seems to be working ok now. I will have to put the motor back on to actually test it, but it's not making the horrible sound it was when I tried starting it before.:thumbsup: Thanks :smile: