Clutch removal help!

cxbra

I have this damn evil lock ring on my clutch on my chinese gx160 clone that I need to get off and put on my predator engine. I am doing it the cheap way with no impact wrench :)hammer:) and I need to know, which way do I hit the bolt??? Do I hit the bolt down from the front of the engine? Basically im asking is it a clockwise action to get the bolt OFF? I just want to ask before I go tightening it up in the wrong direction. Thanks in advance.

cxbra

Thanks a lot, I was hammering in the wrong direction, I figured i'd quit while I was ahead.. I wasnt sure if it were one of those reverse-thread situations :doah:. Thanks butch!

Normally reverse threads will have a couple of dashes (lines) or an "R" on the nut. If your yes are better than mine you can look at how the threads actually run and tell.
I did some rear damage to the hubs on a 46 Dodge truck before I figured that one out. :cursing:

cxbra

I had a COMPLETELY newbie moment today :eek:ut:. Once I removed the nut that holds on the clutch I didnt see a key bolt on the clutch so I figured the BACK OF THE CLUTCH was some kind of bolt that I had to un-do.. After hammering on it, I noticed the clutch was coming off the crank like I wanted it.. Then after a hard yank, I pulled it off!! I cant believe that dumb moment happened to me, its been a year without working on an engine AND im new to the clone engines. :hammer: to me...:hammer: