Coleman CT200U Mini Bike Header

Thanks to OldMiniBikes Warehouse for the help in picking out a header that would work for the mini bike.

I stopped by their store today to try and figure out a header that would fit the coleman bike, the BPHM header with screw in muffler was the closest fit. Though the muffler hit the back area of the frame we figured I could try to bend it out a little or use a 45 degree pipe elbow.

I figured I would try the elbow first since that was easily reversible. After going to Home Depot I found a black pipe 3/4" 45 degree elbow, and a small 1-1/2" long 3/4" pipe nipple to adapt the two female ends of the header and the elbow. I test fit them in the parking lot to make sure it would fit like i wanted.

Once I got home I tightened everything up as best i could using my channel locks, not sure if I need to use a pipe wrench or not, though they seem pretty tight.

All that is left is to paint it.

Attachments

Personalized service! With a smile I bet:smile:

I just like that bike newcastle3. Welcome to OldMiniBikes. Take pics of some good poses of that thing when you get a chance, no one's ever really posted any good angles yet:thumbsup:

Good seeing you again. Looks like a really nice fit. Let me know when you're ready for stage 2! :)

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

Hey Newcastle, would you happen to have the part numbers for the elbow and threaded connector? Thanks
I don't have the receipt or the bags they came in, threw them out earlier today. But if you go to the plumbing section of the store they have the fittings sorted by size. You need a 3/4 Black Pipe 45 deg elbow, and a 1-1/2 long 3/4 nipple. Pretty common items.

Hope that helps.

It does..thanks for posting the pics and clearing what works with the ct200u. I'm buying the same exhaust hoping I wouldn't have to modify it to fit but this seems simple enough.

If you buy it the same kit from OldMiniBikes Warehouse the header and muffler should be good to go. The only thing that would make it fit different is if you used a different pipe nipple length or turned the elbow too much one way or the other. If the store you go to has a smaller pipe nipple, maybe 1" long, that may give you a little more clearance than I have, but that was the smallest i could find.

I would also recommend that you fit it all by hand first to see how it goes then tighten it all up, just be aware that the pipe threads will not go all the way in so depending on how tight you go it may take some trial and error to get the elbow in just the right spot.

Also I'm glad it helped you to find an exhaust for your coleman. I know i could not find any information on this bike as far as mods go, except for a few posts by some people who show the mod but not the parts they used.

If you buy it the same kit from OldMiniBikes Warehouse the header and muffler should be good to go. The only thing that would make it fit different is if you used a different pipe nipple length or turned the elbow too much one way or the other. If the store you go to has a smaller pipe nipple, maybe 1" long, that may give you a little more clearance than I have, but that was the smallest i could find.

I would also recommend that you fit it all by hand first to see how it goes then tighten it all up, just be aware that the pipe threads will not go all the way in so depending on how tight you go it may take some trial and error to get the elbow in just the right spot.

Also I'm glad it helped you to find an exhaust for your coleman. I know i could not find any information on this bike as far as mods go, except for a few posts by some people who show the mod but not the parts they used.
Thanks for the input Newcastle, it's all very helpful. I saw your clearance is really tight and was wondering how you got the pipe to line up the way you had it but ill take your tip and just hand tighten with trial and error until it lines up the way I like. I also saw an elbow that has a threaded nipple already on one end and a threaded insert on the other, I think that will free up a few centimeters for me. Also did you end up buying the extended stud for the air intake and header modified for the predator engine? I know ours is a gx200 clone but me and another member wanted to make sure it wasn't needed since the motors are so similar.

@ badlands

I really liked the placement and length of your exhaust, your threads are where I got most of the info for our bikes. Sadly I don't have access to a welder but if you wanna make me one, I'd gladly pony up

Thanks for the input Newcastle, it's all very helpful. I saw your clearance is really tight and was wondering how you got the pipe to line up the way you had it but ill take your tip and just hand tighten with trial and error until it lines up the way I like. I also saw an elbow that has a threaded nipple already on one end and a threaded insert on the other, I think that will free up a few centimeters for me. Also did you end up buying the extended stud for the air intake and header modified for the predator engine? I know ours is a gx200 clone but me and another member wanted to make sure it wasn't needed since the motors are so similar.
the GX200 and Clones do not need the extended stud for the air filter.

I did a google search on the 45 like you mentinoed, it would be a 45 degree street elbow. Amazon has a few steel ones for $10 or less, definitely looks cleaner than the two pieces I used.

Eaton Aeroquip 2088-12-12S Steel Pipe Fitting, 45 Degree Elbow, 3/4" NPT Male x 3/4" NPT Female: Industrial Pipe Fittings: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Eaton Weatherhead C3359X12 Carbon Steel Fitting, 45 Degree Elbow, 3/4" NPT Female x 3/4" NPT Male: Industrial Pipe Fittings: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Nice but that will be a leg burner for sure especially if you wear shorts in the warmer months , just my opinion but I had the same exact set up on a DB and it's long gone after getting burned twice :no:

IDK, the stock muffler was just as far out to the side or further than this header pipe and it exited right at your calf, your pants stunk like exhaust after riding the bike for just a few minutes. This set up is slightly inboard of the seat frame and exits at the back, I don't think it can be any worse than stock, though I haven't had a chance to ride it yet since doing this.