cool steens

Well I thought I would keep this if it was just a noisy beater to run around on the property. since posting here and an add my daughter put on CL , this thing is burning up my email ! Something this collectible must go to a collector and I will just putt around on the little Z50 that came with it. Thank you for the support and advice I have been receiving here and on the PM's. :smile:

Perfect example of someone getting an education. Funny at some point I finally figured out that all my speedway site did was drive the prices up-

Yeah, no mas really, but honesty is always a good policy.

This is a rare bike, and while it may not appeal to the younger crowd, those of us around in the 60's and 70's remember Zundap well. There was some sort of relationship with Steens and Zundap (German) because that Zundap was a cool hotrod upgrade to the Steens MX bike.

A Bonanza with an ACE motor in it will probably do better on the market. But this is still a cool bike, and the right person will get it from you. Instead of messing around here and on CL, (you are after all trying to get the highest bidder) put it on Ebay. Otherwise, let me send you $600 and I'll jump in my truck and be right down to pick it up. :devil2:

Edit: $200.

Last edited:
Sure would have been a buy at $600 but honestly $1800 is not out of the realm of reality given it's scarcity. A buddy of mine has a Hodaka Gemini he likes to tease me with but he's convinced it's worth way too much. I may get it someday, we do a lot of trading and I'll get something he really has to have soon I hope.:thumbsup:

Here is one more photo with the stock air filter. it is not in the earlier pictures. This is the only one that Tacobill has seen with the original Zundapp 50cc engine. He sent me a copy of the original sales brochure and the list price was $299- Runs like a champ !

So it turns out his is an original Steens Taco F85 Matterhorn 50cc with the correct Vin. # of F03x . I will be listing on Ebay by Friday or Saturday 5/23 or 5/24,. Thank you for all the help here on OldMiniBikes.com.:wink:

Attachments

Last edited: