cops and mini

cxbra

I have a great story.. I was riding through the neighborhood about 3 years ago on my first minibike, a bone stock 97cc Doodlebug. I saw the cop right across the street from me, BUT he had a dividing island in the way so he had to drive 400 feet to even turn around and pursue me. I was a few hundred feet away from a housing development so I turned in, im sure he saw me turn in from a distance.. Instead of riding through the neighborhood on my 20mph minibike I decided to slam on the brakes and hide right at the entrance of the housing track. Just like expected, he comes flying through a turn at like 40mph in pursuit of me and my little red mini and drives right past me without even checking. :laugh::001_tt2:. It was SO gratifying to see his little anxious face trying to hunt me down while im watching him from the bushes. Ahhh, I got laughs out of that one for a few months!:scooter:

back in the day (80s) we got chased quite a few times...the best was I had about two blocks on the cops went down a side street up a driveway and put the bike in someones back yard...sat on their side porch and watched....that bike was painted every color they sold a K Mart at one time or another

toomanytoys

Never chased on a mini. Plenty of times on ATVs.

Actually just a few days ago on my birthday I got chased when riding the rzr for a few miles until I found a dirt road and flew down there. Its snowing now and I hope he has a short memory because the RAZR is easy to spot and I have the only one in my town

I was chased on a riding lawnmower. My father took off the cutting deck and it went as fast as a stock lawnmower which is what 2-3mph... I went to the end of the street and as I was turning around a cop was turning into the street. I didnt want him to pull me over so I blocked the road and wouldnt let him pass.All the while looking straight ahead.....lol.... My father came out and was watching me coming down the road and all I could think about was how it felt like moving in slow motion and it practically was.... I just rode it into the back yard and put it away.... I think the cop and my father were just laughing about it...lol

well for mine i was out riding one night twards dusk trying to get home,the worst cop in in hemlock. pulls me over. and doesnt say one this and arest for recless driving. donesnt impound the mini. i go to the jail tell another cop about it there and he just laugh and said i just got my kid one of those. week later gets pulled over on my moped for out of date tag by the same cop. trys to arrest me again told him. never read me my right last time by the way. sit in the back for about 10min lets me go after the tow truck takes off with my moped. said have a nice day. got his @$$ in court not one ticket was paid.

cxbra

I was chased on a riding lawnmower. My father took off the cutting deck and it went as fast as a stock lawnmower which is what 2-3mph... I went to the end of the street and as I was turning around a cop was turning into the street. I didnt want him to pull me over so I blocked the road and wouldnt let him pass.All the while looking straight ahead.....lol.... My father came out and was watching me coming down the road and all I could think about was how it felt like moving in slow motion and it practically was.... I just rode it into the back yard and put it away.... I think the cop and my father were just laughing about it...lol
That is TOO hilarious, especially how you were blocking the road and just staring straight ahead, hahaha. Good one.

Just got pulled over about 20 min ago. Wife was cruising around on the go kart and me on the gold DB. She went back to the house as I took that "one more lap" around the neighborhood. As I was pulling up to a 4 way stop, the cop was just down the street talking with a "neighbor". Not a good neighbor to have. As soon as the cop saw me, he punched the gas and came over to me. Gave me the 3rd degree about no helmet, not a legal vehicle for the street, no lights, etc. He took my license and checked his computer, saw the clean record and motorcycle endorsement, gave me the license back and said walk it back home. I was 3 blocks from home so not too bad. I got 1 block down and he drove by again to make sure I was walking it. As I was rounding the corner on my block, the wife comes around the corner on the go kart. I was like, "Oh s:censure:t. Hope the cop isn't close enough to hear the exhaust. Turned her around and we went back to the house.

I know who called it in. Crotchety old couple. Probably didn't have any fun when they were kids.