Could be a cool old camper

was wondering what those taillights were from. what model Pontiac ?

believe it or not the people I'm getting it from bought it from the original owners who bought it in cali,drove it home up here and hardly used it.has less than 6000 miles on it.

ZR9B beat me to it, Dodge made a similar type of van/camper vehicle called the Trans Van in the 70's, usually 440 powered with duallys out back, never knew Ford had one too?...............Very cool tho!..........Is it 4X4?...............Tom.
Chevy had one too, I sold mine due to non use but it ran good and everything worked. The bathroom was made for 200# or under people five foot six or smaller though, in mine the commode was in the shower with a tiny sink. If someone didn't mind sitting on the pot to shower it was not bad, it got me by for the half dozen trips I made in it and there was no real need to clean the commode much with shower water running over it. My problem with tight sleeping quarters is I need silence and non movement aside from my own, with my kids and father all on a trip it was impossible for me to sleep so my experience sucked. Dad and the kids were happy so my suffering was not in vane. Mine had a small block 400 2 barrel carb like the old Caprices had and the previous owner had installed a 700R4 trans with stand alone controller, with the lower 1st gear on the 700 it tool off well and once in OD on the highway it got great mileage. A couple now lives in it at a local trailer court, they used to drive it daily but now have a car. I sold it for $1500 and they were tickled to have it. Mine did not go over the van body cab so sleeping was tight, my buddy has an over cab model with a nice mattress and the fold out couches so it sleeps up to six where mine slept only four. Originally mine was given to me and after tags and title I had $400 in it. I'd need a motor coach if I decided to get another RV, I can't afford one without screwing up my retirement funds so I'll maybe rent if I ever decide to take another RV trip.

Yoop, I hope you and your family really enjoy your new rig my friend. Looks to be a nice example.:thumbsup:

Yeah, he just wants to get it ready for high school.:laugh:
:laugh: I got no issues with that

Yoop, I hope you and your family really enjoy your new rig my friend. Looks to be a nice example.:thumbsup:
thanks ace.i'm sure we will.been looking for one for ahwile now but the bigger and newer ones but just cost to much.got this one for next to nothing. looking forward to getting it nice again.not going to put a bathroom or shower in it.not sure if I'm even putting the sink back in.just a decent bed and maybe a couple recliners and a table,a couple closets and maybe the folddown seat/bed that is in it too.there's just the 3 of us.we'll just go to campgrounds with all the amenities that are close to the riding trails.really just something to sleep in and pull the trailer

Last edited:
picked it up today.runs and drives like new.everything is tight.i got no reason to doubt the mileage isn't correct.title is the original one, never been transferred.