could this be why my db30 isnt trying to start? (pics included)

denn1s

:confused: theres a bunch of bolts missing...?

I'm getting fuel and spark. Carb looks good. Filter looks good. I haven't tried to spray starter fluid into it yet. Just wondering if those bolts missing could keep it from turning the motor over...?

I traded a laptop for the Db30 cuz the guy couldn't speak English and didn't know how to tighten the chain, hence the clutch damage. It has bout 100hrs on the engine.

Last edited:

zeeman

Is that wire in the top left a kill switch wire? It might be grounding against something metal when you pull the starter. I can't see the missing bolts you mentioned????? If you are getting spark, the engine is turning over.

denn1s

I'm getting spark but no oxygen. Tried covering the spark plug hole with my finger. It didn't push my finger off.

I was wondering if the missing bolts would let air leak out. There's two missing under the the clutch plate.

There are no bolts missing tht I see. if you mean the threaded holes there they are they for different applications, not missing bolts!! How do you know your not getting oxygen?? thumb over the plug hole isnt testing the oxygen supply!!What exactly did you do to "bypass" the kill switch?? and why bypass it?? hook it up the way it was stock, it might be preventing it from starting!!:shrug::eek:ut:

denn1s

I wired the hot and ground together. From the engine. Basically without a switch so to turn the motor off you have to disconnect the wires.

rudedog

I wired the hot and ground together. From the engine. Basically without a switch so to turn the motor off you have to disconnect the wires.

So.........basically a KILL SWITCH:hammer: Hook it back up the right way and see what happens.

oldsledz

The only way you could not be getting oxygen is if the carb was completely sealed off, the valves are not opening, the bike is under water or on the moon!
If the motor has 100 hours on it , it is probably wore out.

I don't think that little 2.8 would push your thumb off the plug hole when it was new, but you should be able to feel it push.

Last edited:
If you put your hand over the carburetor opening is there suction?

Have you pulled the valve cover and checked you valve lash?

Have you looked to see if your rockers are moving the valves?

Are you getting fuel through the carburetor?(is the inside wet after you choke it?)

Did you check to see if the flywheel key is sheared?

There are lot of people here that KNOW how to fix your engine,if you want help than be cooperative with there questioning.

Last edited:

denn1s

Easy there buckaroo, if ya want help don't be a smartbutt. What do ya mean you are not getting oxygen?
sorry bro, wasnt trying to be a dick. but im getting real frustrated. im a newbie when it comes to these small motors and i cant figure out why it was running fine when i parked it INSIDE, then when I pushed it out of the office at work it wouldnt even try to start...

If you put your hand over the carburetor opening is there suction?

Have you pulled the valve cover and checked you valve lash?

Have you looked to see if your rockers are moving the valves?

Are you getting fuel through the carburetor?(is the inside wet after you choke it?)

Did you check to see if the flywheel key is sheared?

There are lot of people here that KNOW how to fix your engine,if you want help than be cooperative with there questioning.
I tried spraying starting fluid into the carb, it back fired twice, that was it.

Tried spraying more after it back fired.... nothing.

I didnt check the suction, or if its getting wet when i "choke" it, whats choking it exactly mean?

I will check that first thing in the morning.

Ive looked into the spark plug hole and I see what Im assuming is the piston moving up and down...

How do I go about checking the other things? tear the motor apart? any one care to write up a quick step by step tutorial on where to start by tearing it apart?

ive got about half the money i need to get the 6.5 blue honda clone and the conversion kit saved up already.

but bills are so tight right now. anyone got a good motor laying around they wanna ship me if i pay shipping? times are rough and this is my transportation to work, and my fiances vehicle is also messed up, im replacing the water pump in her car but lost a bolt, waiting for the dealership to get it.

ugh, one thing after another, plus i have a baby due next week so im pinching pennies.

but once again, i didnt mean to offend anyone, im just really frustrated this motor wont even try to start. i dont know jack shiznit about these small motors

Maybe you should drop mini bikes and save up for a real vehicle. About to embark on the journey of marriage and a family/new baby. Wouldn't a 'vehicle' be much more reliable than your hahahahaing mini bike?:confused:

or fix your fiance's 'messed up' car.

Seriously though, am I missing something here?

denn1s

ya times are hard as hahahaha and my jobs right across the road, no need for a car. plus i have two duis hahahaha car insurance