Craigslist Doodlebug/Rivet/Dirtbug/Viper finds

Insanity everywhere. :) Around here the average DB30 goes for 200-300 busck each. They hold value since there isn't usually many around. I found mine because a Military Police officer suggested this particular bike be sold asap. :)

TomH

heres what you get free after couple 12year olds pound it to deaf...........:laugh:

amazing how well built they are. Looks like a real goof had it. Looks like he tried to fix it too. Forks look straight after a pretty good lick to the front, sprocket looks good, had to work hard to knock the kick stand off, pegs are still there and look pretty straight. I would jump on free myself. That is the original rear tire, so he did that in a very short time. You going to throw a clone on there?

Yeah I got a yellow on a bit back and it was a mess...still having fun with it but still needs new seat and paint but got it for $175. The condition it was in was really bad! If I would have known then what I know now I would had offered him $100. I got a newer red one for $150 and all I had to do was replace the engine and clutch and motor kit...bam! The girl hauls the mail!!!

TomH

Yeah bought a yellow one a while back that was brand new, still had the points on the tread of the tire besides the sides. Little junior had rode it and hit something head on. Tweaked the front fender up. I pushed it down. He wouldn't ride it after that. $125. Engine still had the tags on it. I have a newer tec 3.5 I am going to set on there. I never had a mini with an engine that small, so I'm curious to see how she pulls the hills around here. I haven't even tried to start the 2.8, the other one I bought with that motor wouldn't even pull me up the driveway.

Yeah bought a yellow one a while back that was brand new, still had the points on the tread of the tire besides the sides. Little junior had rode it and hit something head on. Tweaked the front fender up. I pushed it down. He wouldn't ride it after that. $125. Engine still had the tags on it. I have a newer tec 3.5 I am going to set on there. I never had a mini with an engine that small, so I'm curious to see how she pulls the hills around here. I haven't even tried to start the 2.8, the other one I bought with that motor wouldn't even pull me up the driveway.
I recently got a newer DB that had the original engine and after playing around with the governor it was not bad...dont think it is going to have great low end but once it gets going its ok. The issue I believe you are going to have is you will still need a conversion plate to mount the 3.5. I had an azusa and with a 3.5 and got rid of it for a new DB with a HF 6.5 predator. My little 8 year old was tired of getting left behind. The 3.5 is not bad though runs ok!

TomH

I hear ya on the 3.5 Tec. I took it off of a Murray Trac 2 bought a good carb for it and it is a good little motor. The yellow 2.8 is pretty worthless, just sitting in a shed. They are good bikes and although it won't be that fast, at least that good motor won't go to waste. I might mess with it, try my hand at porting and run a straight exhaust. I'm about 180, so I am curious to see how it goes. I have an adapter plate. Might go with that or slot the plate. If I get this one going I'll have 4 out of five running and driving. Then on to the Chopper mini.:thumbsup:

I like to watch them drop each week when they get no hits.
Indianapolis area I see lots of MB165's(heats, warriors) for 400+ :shrug:.

Over the summer I found a warrior that a kid had crashed and parked. I picked it up for 75, fixed the forks with the 2x4 trick, and replaced the motor with a HF6.5 for 99. Been watching CL ever since for another deal like that. :scooter:

TomH

Yeah they are really proud of those MB165's around here. They seem to be either almost brand new, or complete junk.

Yeah they are really proud of those MB165's around here. They seem to be either almost brand new, or complete junk.
Well in the Dallas area as soon as they hit CL they are pretty much gone! Especially if they are in good shape. I have seen a few that were in mint condition that were $200 and were gone in sec. I have a couple of DB30 new style that some lady bought in an auction that she for some reason did not get my response in time and sold them out from underneath me...they were mint and just needed a new engine...man that suxor'ed!

TomH

That could be the reason, I don't check CL that much, so I am missing the deals. @200 bucks even 250 would be a steal for a good one.

That could be the reason, I don't check CL that much, so I am missing the deals. @200 bucks even 250 would be a steal for a good one.
I check maybe twice a day and find deals all the time. Good deals on mini bajas are rare but check out these two bikes for sale right now in my area
Hustler $75
DB w/ 5hp Briggs $100

My problem is space. There are bikes in my shed, my office, my living room, the basement, and even though I could squeeze a couple more in the kitchen my wife ain't having that.