Crazy prices on ebay Cat parts?

45t

Havasu Dave;604005 [B said:
Can someone please sell me a rear disc brake Cat wheel now please? :
You could always switch out the rear wheel with the one on your purple bike til you find another disc brake rear wheel? You would need to use a spacer on the wheels axel in place of the drum brake set up for it to fit properly and line up the sprocket correctly on the purple bike.

That yellow Cat in you avatar is pretty sweet looking! :thumbsup: :wink:

I occasionally sell CAT parts on eBay and do real well. It allows me to take care of Mitch and Derek here on OldMiniBikes with the stuff they need at low prices. It all washes out and everyone's happy.

45t

I will have a few NOS units for sale REAL soon:thumbsup:

Cool keep us posted! :deal: There are several members here that are missing them. I haven't had a single Cat that I've purchased that has had its disc brake set up intact.

They are actually ready to go, I just can't find the right castle nut and it's driving me crazy:cursing:
I need a disc wheel. I have one Cat disc setup and another Chinese one that will work. Just need the wheel to mount the disc sprocket on. I never found out if a "scrub" type of wheel has the correct clearance for using as a disc setup.

From my Cat disc setup, I noted that the tension nut didn't have a castellated end. No holes. It looks like a jam nut would be the way to go to cinch it down. The Chinese set up has castle nut and holes in the threaded stud. :confused:

45t

I occasionally sell CAT parts on eBay and do real well. It allows me to take care of Mitch and Derek here on OldMiniBikes with the stuff they need at low prices. It all washes out and everyone's happy.
We have a funny guy on here now! :laugh:

Your a good guy, keep the deals coming Casey. :deal: :thumbsup:

Last edited:
You could always switch out the rear wheel with the one on your purple bike til you find another disc brake rear wheel? You would need to use a spacer on the wheels axel in place of the drum brake set up for it to fit properly and line up the sprocket correctly on the purple bike.

That yellow Cat in you avatar is pretty sweet looking! :thumbsup: :wink:
Thanks for the heads-up on the available wheels. Nah, I can't be swapping parts from a restored bike. I "think" I am going disc on the yellow bike as well.

For now though, I ride it with the drums. I did glue them back on, so they almost work. My son (140 lbs) rode it last night and pulled the wheel off the ground. It runs very well with that new HS40 on it.

#%@ Wheels. All nice and chrome on that 400X, and they're warped enough to make chain adjustment (so far) impossible. With the bigger power it's getting, this wont do. So the chrome might go to the yellow bike, which means I need to get more $hit chromed for the 400. It Never $tops! :)

45t

Havasu Dave;604476[COLOR="Red" said:
]#%@ Wheels[/COLOR]. All nice and chrome on that 400X, and they're warped enough to make chain adjustment (so far) impossible. With the bigger power it's getting, this wont do. So the chrome might go to the yellow bike, which means I need to get more $hit chromed for the 400. It Never $tops! :)
I think we all have that elusive part that that frustrates us. For me it 400X style handlebars. I have three sets and they all have issues. I had to purchase a Slingshot bar & fork set up to get close to what I needed. I just hope it fits correctly when I get it.

I think we all have that elusive part that that frustrates us. For me it 400X style handlebars. I have three sets and they all have issues. I had to purchase a Slingshot bar & fork set up to get close to what I needed. I just hope it fits correctly when I get it.
The Slingshot and 400 seem to have the same forks and bars, except for the chroming? Are you going to sand blast the chrome off? It's almost impossible to get paint to stick to chrome.

Speaking of parts, I have two freshly chromed fenders that I may or may not use. Worth thousands of dollars, almost as much as a clutch cover, but slightly less than a 400X switch plate. :wink:

45t

The Slingshot and 400 seem to have the same forks and bars, except for the chroming? Are you going to sand blast the chrome off? It's almost impossible to get paint to stick to chrome.

Speaking of parts, I have two freshly chromed fenders that I may or may not use. Worth thousands of dollars, almost as much as a clutch cover, but slightly less than a 400X switch plate. :wink:
I'm keeping the Slingshot front end all chrome. I like the look and think it will be a nice addition to my 400X.

Keep those fenders locked up, they are valuable! Cash that nest egg in later so you can live comfortable in your retirement. :laugh:

From my Cat disc setup, I noted that the tension nut didn't have a castellated end. No holes. It looks like a jam nut would be the way to go to cinch it down. :confused:
That is the main hold up, I am thinking either a jam nut or a nylock might have to work. I'll keep you guys posted:thumbsup:

Dave the 67 Coronet R/T looks good :thumbsup: almost looks like one of my engines in that pic..... and if a good samaritan would send me one of those switch plates they might not be so hard to find :shrug: