Difference in Doodlebug and Dirt Bug ?

I keep seeing references on Youtube showing what looks just like a regular old Dooglebug DB30 but the text says Dirt Bug. I actually bought a 2010 model that says Dirt Bug but it also goes by the nickname "DB30".

Why has BAJA confused us with these names like this?

The old style DB30 from Baja Motorsports came in three colors and each color had a different bike name:

Red- "Doodle Bug" :scooter:

Yellow- "Dirt Bug" :scooter:

Green- "Baja Blitz" :scooter:

With the new styling, it looks like Baja has settled with calling all the new DB30s (red or blue) "Dirt Bug". So maybe Baja decided to cut down on the confusion by doing this. :shrug:

Jimmy S.

Baja will also use a name change for C.A.R.B. certified and non C.A.R.B. renditions of the same bike. For those who don't know California Air Resouces Board-a little stricter than EPA.

There web site shows this.

Red -Doodle Bug

Yellow -Dirt Bug

Green - Baja Racer Mini Bike

I just bought a new old style yellow Dirt Bug, also bought the new style Doodle Bug which is red.....new style Dirt Bug is blue. What I find funny is if you go to there web site it shows the old style Bugs but not there new style Bug, what's up with that?:shrug:

There web site shows this.

Red -Doodle Bug

Yellow -Dirt Bug

Green - Baja Racer Mini Bike

I just bought a new old style yellow Dirt Bug, also bought the new style Doodle Bug which is red.....new style Dirt Bug is blue. What I find funny is if you go to there web site it shows the old style Bugs but not there new style Bug, what's up with that?:shrug:
*Exactly*... they've apparently been so busy with the new models that they haven't updated their web site or manuals? :)

I'm willing to bet that depending on the mood they're in or what parts are in their production stock, that they could slap any seat or handle bar logo on any bike, making it a Dirt Bug, or a Doodle Bug.

Another thing is the spelling of "doodlebug" sometimes has a space in it.

Anyway, the new blue Dirt Bug purrs like a Harley. It's amazing how such a beginner mini bike can make somebody catch the bike bug.

We have a red dirt bug..I thought maybe it was a U.S versus Canadian thing as all I have ever seen up here is red dirt bugs..:shrug:

Different names for different retailers.

Example: Tractor Supply calls it the "Dirt Bug". All are DB30...ie: The same model.

Kinda like Ford/Mercury had the same cars & trucks, but with different names & colors.