do I have to get an expensive billet flywheel?

I am not happy with spending 100$ on a flywheel:hammer: i could pretty much buy a new engine with that! Why do they cost so much? Any alternatives?

Thanks

most of the people here are gonna say you HAVE to get one, no matter what.

ive never seen one explode but i think you should be safe at 6,000 rpm or so, any huge HP builds or RPM screamers should have them..... they up performance too...

danc9

Cost

Price out the billet! Add in the 300,000 dollar machine to work the billet! A few more dollars for the guy running the machine....and there you have 100 dollars! Worth every penny to save what you're sitting on!

IMHO,

DAN

KB2ROCKET

billet flywheels are for safety a stock engine shouldnt need one a modifyed engine should get one . its not just your safety you are gambling with that spinning frag gernade can go a long way:eek:

Neck

Growing up is optional
I am not happy with spending 100$ on a flywheel:hammer: i could pretty much buy a new engine with that! Why do they cost so much? Any alternatives?

Thanks
OK.... I guess what needs to be asked, is what are your plans for the engine? You haven't said what your going to do with it.

according to OldMiniBikes 6100rpm is safe without fear of a lawsuit;

DJ-1001 6.5HP Dupor Engine w/o fuel tank
DJ-1146 ARC top plate/throttle hookup
6934 *New* ARC billet air filter adaptor
DJ-1257 Choke hold
Walbro fuel pump
6877 Pulse inlet fitting
6899 Angled air filter
fuel and breather hose
DJ-1415 Chain guard/heat shield
Special Performance Cam*
DJ-1055WA "Whoopass" valve springs
DJ-2225 ".615" bored carb (jetted based on cam and selected header)
Clutch Sold Seperate...click here for one we recommend.

Select a cam in the menu above based on your specific racing needs.
*The default cam is the CL1i which is best for large dirt oval tracks or any track where sustained, high RPM is normal.
*The alternate cam is the BSP1 which is best for restrictor plate engines, unrestricted engines on small dirt tracks where RPM fluctuates a lot each lap, or smaller sprint track engines.

Break in the engine according to instructions on our blog. These engines are only shipped UPS ground and will usually ship in one or two business days after your order date. Partial dissassembly is required for shipping.

IMPORTANT!!!
This engine does not come with a header and muffler. Look at the list of related items below for suggested options. Approximate Horse Power 9-10 HP / 6100RPM

according to OldMiniBikes 6100rpm is safe without fear of a lawsuit;

DJ-1001 6.5HP Dupor Engine w/o fuel tank
DJ-1146 ARC top plate/throttle hookup
6934 *New* ARC billet air filter adaptor
DJ-1257 Choke hold
Walbro fuel pump
6877 Pulse inlet fitting
6899 Angled air filter
fuel and breather hose
DJ-1415 Chain guard/heat shield
Special Performance Cam*
DJ-1055WA "Whoopass" valve springs
DJ-2225 ".615" bored carb (jetted based on cam and selected header)
Clutch Sold Seperate...click here for one we recommend.

Select a cam in the menu above based on your specific racing needs.
*The default cam is the CL1i which is best for large dirt oval tracks or any track where sustained, high RPM is normal.
*The alternate cam is the BSP1 which is best for restrictor plate engines, unrestricted engines on small dirt tracks where RPM fluctuates a lot each lap, or smaller sprint track engines.

Break in the engine according to instructions on our blog. These engines are only shipped UPS ground and will usually ship in one or two business days after your order date. Partial dissassembly is required for shipping.

IMPORTANT!!!
This engine does not come with a header and muffler. Look at the list of related items below for suggested options. Approximate Horse Power 9-10 HP / 6100RPM
Thats different then posting here.

OK.

I am going to make a sugestion.

How many would like to buy an HONDA GXV160 flywheel?
This is not billet but has a proven track record of being reliable when spun hard because ts a blade brake mower flywheel.

I would get a group together and aproach someone in the aftermarket and ask him if he would be willing order and sell a large quantity of parts at a discount.

YOU guys can't do this alone.
But if you get a person who buys and sells in volume and ask nice he MAY be willing to cut you a deal.

But for that kind of deal you had better show some loyalty and buy other parts from him.

I have a person in mind I would ask.
But I don't need any parts or live in the USA so I will leav it to you guys to figure out who this may be.....

exactly and if you dont have insurance good luck.

this when all said and done to take car of was 3k thank god I had insurance.

Thats just a scratch compared to your leg meat missing.
That costs 3 grand to get cleaned up and closed?
Is this typical ?

Keep in mind I was raised in the OHIP system.

What if you can't pay?

Thanks
Without going though all the BS of the safety of an aluminum flywheel...the benefits of getting a used factory aluminum are worth getting one.You can find them on used mowers and smaller pressure washers. One is hard to find used but we have found one that is way more common and cheaper priced.

We found after buying and trying it on a Predator 6.5 it works great and is very light weight.The bike pulls harder with it on there.We used the coil that came off the same engine with a 1/4" spacer behind it to line it up with the magnets.