Does anyone know what peformance parts fit a 8hp predator?

125ccCrazy

Our son bought an 8hp Predator 301cc for a gokart project and he wanted to know what performance parts are available? I'm not sure if gx270 or gx340 parts interchange or if this engine is all by itself... any info would be great.

Email ARC. When I left OldMiniBikes, the 301 was becoming popular and they were getting lots of requests. Hunter was telling me they hadn't done anything yet but due to the demand, would probably do so. It's been over a year and I've heard some chatter on some of the forums. Hopefully they have some parts or news.The biggest drawback I could find was the majority were 1" shaft at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarPlayLB

I see that engine becoming more popular, but it seems to be the "red-headed step-child" of the small engine world! Nearly, if not, the same external dimensions of the larger engines (340/390/420), but with less power! I may not make sense to try and hot rod. Get a bigger engine and buy the right stuff and make gobs more power!
I have heard SOME of the 240/270 parts fit, but have not been able to confirm that!

Hent

I see that engine becoming more popular, but it seems to be the "red-headed step-child" of the small engine world! Nearly, if not, the same external dimensions of the larger engines (340/390/420), but with less power! I may not make sense to try and hot rod. Get a bigger engine and buy the right stuff and make gobs more power!
I have heard SOME of the 240/270 parts fit, but have not been able to confirm that!
Yes.

125ccCrazy

Thanks guys for the feedback... I would have rather Aaron wait and get a 420 or 440 but he got excited and the 301 are going cheap on ebay right now so he bid on one and won it for $86 shipped...He just bought a twin seater buggy kart in need of some work and an engine.. Maybe we will use this engine as a mock up until a bigger engine comes along..

Contact NR Racing to see what they have in stock. I know they took one apart to see what would cross over,and there was some differences.

125ccCrazy

My son got his engine, great deal for $86 shipped...I was looking it over and noticed the rectangular valve cover similar to the Hemi head 212 so I'm assuming the 301 has a hemi head as well.. This should be a decent engine for his kart.

Carb, pipe, advance key and maybe a head cut would all be cheap and transfer over.
I haven't seen the 301 valve sizes, but a VC460 can be had in kit form, and even with smaller valves, go good.