Dr. Shop Teacher's - "Lil" Indian Model 600 - (Vintage Class)

Clutch Guard Bracket

[MENTION=48454]nds1968[/MENTION] (Nate) and [MENTION=47323]OND[/MENTION] (Eric) hooked me up with a 'glass clutch guard and bracket templates. I ordered a scrap piece of sheet metal from a supplier out in Utah and it came over the weekend. After double-checking measurements, I cut the bracket to rough size with a sawzall and finished it with a flap disk. Wish I had a decent electric shear for thick sheet metal! I won't bend the bracket until I'm sure I've got the measurements right.

Parts back from Coater

The color is "Copperhead" from AllPowderPaints.com. This gives the sunset red look I was trying to replicate (plus it's on one of my Gilsons). No sun today, but the color does pop!

That is beautimus!
Thanks, Tom. Won't be long before we see it as a roller.

Very nice--a great job on this bike.
Thank you, sir!

I love that color Pete.....This bike is going to look awesome !:thumbsup::thumbsup: You have done a great job my friend.
Thanks, Eric! Your help has been appreciated!
Had to match the beautiful seat by the Upholstery Goddess!

markus

:drool: came out really nice! lotta work you and your welder put into that little guy, nice save! Gotta ask, what is the "prototype" bike you speak of :shrug:

:drool: came out really nice! lotta work you and your welder put into that little guy, nice save! Gotta ask, what is the "prototype" bike you speak of :shrug:
Mark--Thanks...but nothing like your work! :thumbsup:This photo shows a prototype 600. Note the color, the fenders and the crutch tips. While I didn't go with black, this formed the basis. Someplace I've got a jpeg of the prototype jackshaft with a gold Briggs on it--which gave me the engine color choice.

Nice work on the bike so far. I've been following this build and you've done a whole lotta in a short amount of time. I love the color choice too.

I thought it was only me who lays in bed at night (before falling asleep) thinking what I'm gonna do next on my build. Apparently you do the same. LOL!

Nice work on the bike so far. I've been following this build and you've done a whole lotta in a short amount of time. I love the color choice too.

I thought it was only me who lays in bed at night (before falling asleep) thinking what I'm gonna do next on my build. Apparently you do the same. LOL!
Thanks, Pat. I'm worse that you! I spend my nights thinking through the various tasks and problem solving when I'm asleep! :sleep1:Why waste 8 hours of good thinking time????:laugh: