Dreaded "Runs only when choke is on" question

I've been through this carb, replaced the rubber disk o-ring, blown air, and everything else I normally do to get carbs free flowing but this one is obviously not cooperating. I did search some other threads and found people suggesting poor gas cap venting or air leaks. I've also replaced every gasket from the intake on the block down to the air filter plate. Any other ideas what might be going on here? It will idle very smoothly with choke full on, and the second I open up the choke plate....dies. Non adjustable carb....

Tec H35 Power Sport - YouTube

Non adjustable carb....

Throw it in the weeds and get a fully adjustable one, Thats what I do anyways.I hate those non adjustable carbs,they never seem to work right and you can't do any mods to your engine if your running one.It wont even run right without the airfilter either.It will run lean.

Sure you aren't closing the choke? On my h50 the way you are doing that, closes the choke.:shrug:
Tom, I'm gonna refrain from calling you a dill weed....I can see straight through the carb opening without the air filter on....you dill weed.:laugh:

Non adjustable carb....

Throw it in the weeds and get a fully adjustable one, Thats what I do anyways.I hate those non adjustable carbs,they never seem to work right and you can't do any mods to your engine if your running one.It wont even run right without the airfilter either.It will run lean.
It's heading that direction.

buckeye

My h50 is just the opposite. Well, if you are standing on your head backwards.:laugh:

Those carbs are hell. I messed with one forever. Finally gave up and bought a Oregon carb and have never had a issue since.