E3 Spark Plug

T-Town Mini

Has anyone tried using an E3 Spark Plug in their mini bike engines?

E3.22 Spark Plug | E3 Spark Plugs

I installed an E3.22 in my Predator last summer and it performed really well. Yesterday, since it was so warm (80°) I decided to go for a ride and pulled my Clonanza out of the garage. I'd had issues in the past with difficult starting after several months of storage even though I always use Sta-Bil mixed in the gasoline. I didn't drain the float bowl to flush out the old gas this time and went ahead and filled the tank with what I had left over in the gas can from last year.

After a couple of slow pulls on the starter I cranked on it to see if it would start. The 212 fired on the first full pull and idled smoothly without needing to make any adjustments. I was slightly surprised it started up that quickly.

:scooter:

No E-3's for us- only NGK plugs in ALL of our small engines for over 10 years. We used to use Champions, however, after getting a couple of duds switched over to NGK w/o one single problem ever
Michael

I have a story about a spark plug that was used to ignite a Lennox Pulse High efficiency gas furnace. Doing my first service on this type of furnace there was a spark plug and a flame sensor and they were in a hard to reach area so I used a spark plug socket and with much difficulty I got the darn plug out and I could not believe it but it was a Champion CJ-8 plug and Lennox wanted over $20.00 for a replacement and that was back in 1987. When I had D&D mini Cycle we sold them for $1.00
Once I used a NGK as a replacement and it worked just fine.

T-Town Mini

That's an interesting story...I have a Lennox furnace in my home that was installed in 2005. I wonder if they still use that type of ignition system.

Last edited:

T-Town Mini

Since there were a lot of people using Autolite AR 3910X spark plugs in their Predator engines I ordered one and gave it a try. It didn't work any better than what was originally installed and I continued to have problems starting/running. It worked for a while but, I reinstalled the Torch F6TC and ran it a while before it again gave me problems.

So, I looked up what plugs would fit and went looking for one locally to try something different. I wanted to find an NGK BP-6ES but didn't find anyone that had them. A couple years ago I bought an E3 to use in my lawn mower which is still running great. Most of the stores had them on the shelves so this motivated me to give the E3.22 a try in the Predator. So far so good.

I have a story about a spark plug that was used to ignite a Lennox Pulse High efficiency gas furnace. Doing my first service on this type of furnace there was a spark plug and a flame sensor and they were in a hard to reach area so I used a spark plug socket and with much difficulty I got the darn plug out and I could not believe it but it was a Champion CJ-8 plug and Lennox wanted over $20.00 for a replacement and that was back in 1987. When I had D&D mini Cycle we sold them for $1.00
Once I used a NGK as a replacement and it worked just fine.
We have a waste gas burner (digester gas on a sewage treatment plant) and the plug was over $150 each and took about 2 months to get it. Crossed it over and picked it up locally for about $3. It is just that the companies figure you will not look elsewhere to price shop.

T-Town Mini

I should've been more specific on where I went shopping for a new spark plug...I went to Walmart, Home Depot and Lowes. I would've gone elsewhere looking for a plug if I hadn't bought the E3, already. Walmart always has a better price than what can be bought at any auto parts store so, I'll always check there first for what I need to save a few bucks whenever possible.

Amazon and Ebay has been my go to online source for a lot of my purchases. Here in Oklahoma, Amazon is going to start charging sales tax on everything so, I'll be shopping there less, now. Shipping charges plus sales tax is going to put a damper on that as a source. Unless there's free shipping. Ebay is still a good source for many things having free shipping.

If I need a new plug in the future I'll seek out the NGK once again to give it a try. I always used them in the Yamaha on my kart back in those days (early '90's). The E3 is just something new.