Electric motor on mini bike

looking to see if anyone has put an electric motor on a bike. I am wanting to put a 24v dc motor on my 1956 BobCat 2 wheel golf cart. looking to use a 3 wire throttle to control 2 relays. 1 to bring in 12v to start off and the next for the 24v to run full power. I think that's how the Aurenthetic's were set up. If someone has done it is that the route you went ? Thanks

I'm going ot sygest you use 4 points instead of two.

First point resitor and 12 volt.
Second point 12 volt.
Third point resistor and 24 volt.
Forth point 24 volt.

The resistor will soften the bump when the contactor closes.
Your going to want some heavy relays because the arcing is tough on contacts.

You might even consider moving your rear brale to the front wheel if you can and dynamic brake the rear wheel for some extra cool stuff.

The member's name escapes me but someone here built one and used top shelf stuff, I remember him saying he had $2000 in parts in the thing. Quality electric vehicle components cost quite a bit. I know an old man who has several electric powered cars including a 1938 Dodge sedan that seriously hauls ass for a big car, it will boil the tires for a block. He used a forklift engine mated to a 727 Tourqueflight trans and used all the controls from it, the controller is huge and has a ton of heat sink.

The kart is quite the contraption but it had 5 points ( and I am not eactly sure how it was wired one could have been used as a reverse. )

Electronics usualy have a lot of extra wires added.
Engineers do this to add functions for fine tuning speed control, overload protection and a whole range of other options.
But the truth is little of this is realyy needed.
Being geeks most engineers over compensate for a lack migle time with theother sex by making things more compllicated than they need to be..
The logic being they can chat up a lady with tecchnical details on how something works and make the lady think the jock is stupid.
In real terms this is pointless since most attractive don't really want a smart man in just a rich obidient one, and second and most important geeks never get invited to the sort of parties where young attractive ladies hang out anyways.

ITSWILL

Good luck with the project, I was just dreaming of somthing like this myself. It would seem to me that getting some good lithuim ion batteries would be the ticket!