Engine replacement in a Club Car golfcart

I have a ClubCar Carryall that I use to work around my 8 acres. It has the reverse rotation Kawasaki 350 engine. What a piece of junk. It runs good, it functions but it is just a piece of junk.

I have a horizontal shaft V-twin Kohler off of a Yazoo mower. I have been pondering using this in the Carryall. Someone makes a kit to install a Briggs V-twin but you have to run in reverse to go forward and forward to back up. Both have different ratios so forward is slower than reverse. Not what I want to do. The Carryall has lots of room to work in under the bed. I am thinking the best end result, although by far not the easiest, would be to mount the engine correctly and run a jack shaft so I could mount the Torque Converter drive pulley on it. That way all functions would be normal.

I am looking for wisdom on Jack shafts and what do I need to know about the torque converter setup. I fell like as long as the front to rear distance is maintained. The proper alignment is maintained and the Jackshaft is solidly mounted there should not be a problem. Packaging all of this will take a little effort but I think the end result will be worth it.

I am not looking for speed but for torque and pulling power. I use it to pull an 8 ft trailer around sometime and I have just enough elevation change in a spot or 2 that it struggles now.

Share your thoughts about this please.

If this is inappropriate or needs to be moved would a moderator please delete it or move it where it needs to be. I hope its ok where it is.

Thanks

buckeye

My Father in Law passed away a bit over a year ago.
He drove a golf kart everywhere and it has just sat since his death.
The engine was on it last leg prior.
I was thinking g about putting a built clone or Animal on it.
Don't know how possible it is??
I think that would be a blast.

My Father in Law passed away a bit over a year ago.
He drove a golf kart everywhere and it has just sat since his death.
The engine was on it last leg prior.
I was thinking g about putting a built clone or Animal on it.
Don't know how possible it is??
I think that would be a blast.
Very common and popular to do swaps. Depending on the model, there may be a drop-in kit even.
I have a couple of older 2 stroke lifted carts