FACT:Airplane stripper is the devil. FACT:my mini Baja is driving me BONKERS! Help?

Wow that's one heck of a neck! ;) really? Ya, I'm not down with that, gotta have my acceleration or I will get run over quick in this city! Crap indeed! Not sure what they were trying to save on by the little teeny tiny spot welds they used, but I hope it worked for them! 200 ain't bad. At all. I've just read so many people that go one way or complete opposite as far as what they like. I have earned respect for my chain. It flew off once going down the road. Hit my aluminum Home-made) clutch cover and I literally had a heart attack, thought someone was shooting at me. It was horrible. And it only cost me half a heart attack and 3.50 for a master link. TV is much quieter, I imagine?

I'll keep that in mind. It's older, guessing 2008, 09 maybe. Always ran pretty good for me. I did just a couple weeks ago change the oil and switched to 20-50, maybe the 15-40 was better? Thanks for the input- glad I'm not the only one with a bad attitude bike! :)

So like now, it this replying to you specifically, or should I reply with quote, and delete all that's there to reply to you? Shall I go advanced? I'll get it , I swear!

Thanks Doc! Ya, too much stripper, no good! That is a pretty good price. They told me this afternoon $65 and I'd have to get it to them, across town. Your beer must the $h!t! But I know I'm never going this route again. Gonna find that beer you're serving, or a man who likes to get down with his right hand for sure!
Love the color on yours scooter! Looks like a mermaid should be all propped up there! Nice...

Fact you got a cool name. You can leave the paint stripper on and cover it in a plastic bag it should work better. Concentrate the fumes makes the paint slide right off. A lot of members here like to "chop" and "customize" these bikes so there may be spare parts floating around. Brakes dont look too bad. Hopefully some of the mini bike guru's will chime in on the engine issue. Git er up and running soon. Sounds like you was having fun!!!!
Brake pads have plenty of material on them , I believe the short kart pipe works well . I have a long tube header on mine but I dont see where anyone sells them and it came on mine used so I dont know if someone made it them selves or not . Im in the middle of mine as a project also , you can check it out in a thread on here . Your chain tensioner is about toast . those are fairly cheap on OldMiniBikes or ebay . Not sure Im seeing whats wrong with your seat bracket ? The weld job on that bearing carrier for the jack shaft is well . " pretty poor " if it doesnt line up you can always use washers to space it just make sure your chain is straight between the sprockets . Stripping paint sucks 110% . will be a good looking ride when your done .
Pinky...first off, I think you're way too cool! Secondly, strippers on planes are good!
In typical womanly fashion, you asked a ton of questions in just a couple breaths! The typical answer at my house in response to the wife is "yes, no, no, yes", only to be reprimanded. "Honey, I answered all your questions...what was I supposed to do?"
Strippers and paint stripper are expensive...I am too old for it to be time consuming for me! Have you considered finding a sand blaster in your area? My local powder coater will blast a frame for $30...money well spent!
Welded a jackshaft? Not great...start saving for a new one!
Bearing in brake hub? Nope, it is a stationary piece that requires no bearing. It rides on the axle, which is stationary...hopefully!
Muffler? You are cute enough to find someone that welds...a smile and a six pack will get you one made!
Stalling? Make sure all the vents are clean and open on your gas tank. I may have a vacuum/vapor lock that prevents fuel from flowing

Stay cool!
So, what would you like to attack first? You can lose the tensioner/jack shaft thingie, but it gonna give you really tall gearing (read really bad acceleration) The factory jackshaft is a big piece of junk to start with! A Comet TAV II would be the hot setup, and you would absolutely LOVE it! But it's gonna cost you nearly $200!
Oh , your stalling out engine probably has a bad low oil sensor if its full of oil . I had a bad sensor on a new engine and I could only go about a block and it would die , Id let it sit a few min and it would take off again , go one block and die . . I just unplugged it and I check the oil every time I get on it . it only takes about 10 seconds
Hit reply with quote and leave the quote in. Write your stuff under it.

Doc
Haha! I will do that next time! Thanks!

Haha! Just bought it too! Thanks man. Looks a hell of a lot simpler than stripping too! Whew!
Hey Pinky I hear those Chinese Tav's are pretty good except for the cheap belt that comes with them! I have a China Tav on my go kart and its been working great! Might want to find a good Comet belt as a spare for it just in case! Make sure your driver and driven pulleys are spaced and aligned correctly also! :thumbsup:

(for carplaylb)There ya go Eric!! I can be helpful too! Did I redeem myself in your eyes buddy? :laugh:

Last edited:

CarPlayLB

Hey Pinky I hear those Chinese Tav's are pretty good except for the cheap belt that comes with them! I have a China Tav on my go kart and its been working great! Might want to find a good Comet belt as a spare for it just in case! Make sure your driver and driven pulleys are spaced and aligned correctly also! :thumbsup:

(for carplaylb)There ya go Eric!! I can be helpful too! Did I redeem myself in your eyes buddy? :laugh:
You're learning! Very good young grasshopper!