Favorite Color on a mini?

C9H13NO3

Everyone says black is the only acceptable color. But, it really isn't. What do you (yes you) like? Mine is a 70%-30% gray and pure black to create a "Hammered" looking blackish grey color.

Oldsalt

As far as regular colors there is only: Black, white, yellow, blue, red and green. Sure, the car manufactures, especially foreign ones, have come up with baby crap green, vomit brown, sick red, putrid blue and Lego yellow. And of course stupid metalics, to make it worse, are rampent. Really, all these are non-colors were probably thought up in the Berkely art department in the mid 60s. But straight pure colors are the best IMHO. Make that Very Humble Opinon. Black is nice [and traditional] for two-wheeler frames if not the entire bike. Only a card carrying liberal would buy a white BMW motorcycle, and so knowing that, I stay away from that color. Green is [traditionally] unlucky for a race car but I suppose OK for a non race car although I won't take the chance. At one time there were NO green Indy cars. Half of what I own is 71 Camaro Sunflower Yellow because that is what a sponsor supplies for free. I can't reccomend blue for anything. Did you know that blue Corvetts [especially vintage ones] have a lower resale than any other color Corvette? True. Can you imagine a guy buying a blue Lamborgini? That would be a felony in a just society. Red is always good. Especially small machines like a mini. But big fat 40 Ford sedans look OK in pure red [not 78 Mercedes Benz Gum Disease Red or some other limp wrested tone]. I painted a Arco with a "brown" frame and "cream" wheels and fenders and, believe it or not, got compliments when posted on this site. I suppose you can get away with useing non-standard colors if a two-tone sceme is used.

I always liked anything that looks OLD and mechanical.. Steam engines and such.. Like Oldsalt said with black... Black ALWAYS looks good especially with like gold or silver or red pinstripe.. I did the Suicycle like a Crimson and off white color with real copper sticker stuff pin stripe.. That looked pretty good but the white is too modern looking.. I prefer that old off white beige'ish looking color.. I was thinking of repainting it this year... I'm gonna have to pre squirt some of those cans and see just what is coming out. :hammer: they don't always look like the cap.. :doah:

I like something that looks 85 years old.... :thumbsup:

Oldsalt

O.K., I'll come clean. I own a pink minibike. Only a real man would ride a pink minibike, that's my story should anyone comment on the color.

:eek:hmy: MAN that salt really packs onto stuff huh? I always figured it was a hard pack type surface.. Is it always that loose so that the tires are throwing it? MAN it's gotta be 3 inches thick on your motor.. That's GOTTA be rough on stuff..

george3

Hay restore You like something that looks 85 years old? I guess you like the older women. Dont worry when you get older you will like the younger ones.

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: thats a friggin great one.. Naaaa just paint jobs on old machines.. Younger chicks for sure. :thumbsup: Mechanical women I have no insight or preference on.. :shrug: ....... :lol:

Oldsalt

:eek:hmy: MAN that salt really packs onto stuff huh? I always figured it was a hard pack type surface.. Is it always that loose so that the tires are throwing it? MAN it's gotta be 3 inches thick on your motor.. That's GOTTA be rough on stuff..
By the shadows I see the pic was taken around noon. In the morning the moisture seeps to the surface of the six foot thick salt layer and makes the surface "sticky". Before the sun is high the surface of the salt is about as sticky as snails in heat. Will stick to teflon. But that's when the salt is at it's best for a run. The Boonie looks like it was used earlier in the morning. Afternoon the salt is dry and there is a layer of loose grains on the hard salt base. The attached shows some of the minbike crowd crusing the pits. Plus a Harley that looks like it could be real handfull. Look at the colors.

Ya. That salt will distroy a vehicle. Before there is terminal body rust there tends to be electrical problems because all the connections corrode. Brake systems are really at risk. I see late model Corvettes and Cads and etc. in the pits. I know damn well they are going trade them in soon. Buyer beware!

In the morning the moisture seeps to the surface of the six foot thick salt layer and makes the surface "sticky". Before the sun is high the surface of the salt is about as sticky as snails in heat. Will stick to teflon. !
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Hilarious.... I have now stolen that saying.. :lol: :lol:

Otherwise.... Wow, talk about the ULTIMATE (track conditions) style race.. I think my mini bike would have ridiculously over sized plastic fenders.. :shrug: Salt s horrible on stuff.. Kyle moved to Florida and took his Rupp Goat... :eek:hmy: I FEAR for that things safety.. The chrome was already wanting attention.. :sad:

O.K., I'll come clean. I own a pink minibike. Only a real man would ride a pink minibike, that's my story should anyone comment on the color.
I will be painting my bird wren pink soon as my daughter's yellow DB is about clapped out and ready for cloning! She wants pink so pink it is, Daddy's girl is getting a cool little classic minibike! As for my favorite color a metallic blue like my 1st minibike a Bonanza bc1500 not sure if it was the original color but it was a handsome minibike! The color on my blue DB was chosen by the 1st buyer to match the engine and will remain that color till winter if I dont sell it again! I will paint the housing to match the chosen color whatever it ends up being!

:lol: some guy was building the Boonie for his daughter and thats how it ended up Barney Purple... I always liked the Bonanza Blue color too.. That looks good on a bike.

How about the original color the only right color.
oh hear we go again mr rattle can blue [aka bonanza bryan] thinking he is a purest when his best bike isnt even close to original /forks/seat/shocks:eek:ut:

my favorite color is flat black no shiny crap for me /but i did just have a taco burrito painted ferarri red because its the closest to purple i could get myself to go /BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER PAINT THEM WHATEVER COLOR YOU LIKE!/ it's yours if you like it's the perfect color

Oldsalt

..Ruthless orb that rules the night
Steals the colors from our sight
Red is black, yellow white
But we decide which is right
And which is an allusion

Oldsalt

It's about our perception of color at night. That ugly blue Bonanza looks like dark gray if the moon is out. But you are allowed to "...decide which is right, and which is an allusion". That way you can still love an ugly blue Bonanza at night. Thought it would be important to you to know that.