Fenders by Rubbermaid trash can

From a trashcan at home depot where the center of lid swings back and forth, is a perfect fit for the size tire I have and has more "contour" than a regular mini bike fender.

Ill be lifting a few inches.

Last edited:
When its sitting on the tire the radius is correct, when its raised its much different.
I have mounts I didnt complete yet but ill sit something under it so you can see what it looks like raised.

I fine sand/wet sanded it (400) and painted it with rustoleums "stainless steel".

Bad part is the whole trashcan cost about $23.00 but I only needed the lid.

Maybe the lid can be ordered seperate for that trash can.

They have another flip lid style trash can at walmart for only aprox 11.00

but design in center is a little different, it tapers in the middle slightly. Would still look nice if that style was liked.

Nice work on the fender, very clever idea! Not to get off subject too far but... how does it ride since the front fork angle changed when you did the rear suspension? Keep up the good work.

Nice work on the fender, very clever idea! Not to get off subject too far but... how does it ride since the front fork angle changed when you did the rear suspension? Keep up the good work.
Ran good through the trails with a 5.5 and putting shocks on the back it was easier to get "radical" through the trails. I wasnt going to let little tree logs get in my way this time.

I have a 6.5 on now, didnt get to ride it yet. I put 20 weight fork oil in, I need to do a few jumps to get a better feel for suspension. The shocks I bought for the backm are street bike shocks, I took one apart, shortened the the spring and painted it, I have to do the other one (not fun removing spring with no spring compressor)