Finally found the picture of me on my first mini

toomanytoys

Might be pretty lame to share this but man finding this picture in the bottom of a box I was going through tonight brought such a flood of emotion. This was summer of 1989(I think)

Not as old as some of you guys but man what a feeling those years ago. A boy and his mini. Life wasn't complicated all I wanted was the sun and my grandpa's back yard.

Someone else lives in the house now, my grand pa will of been gone 11 years on Jan 1st and the mini is long gone.

Jamie1972

But..!

Might be pretty lame to share this but man finding this picture in the bottom of a box I was going through tonight brought such a flood of emotion. This was summer of 1989(I think)

Not as old as some of you guys but man what a feeling those years ago. A boy and his mini. Life wasn't complicated all I wanted was the sun and my grandpa's back yard.

Someone else lives in the house now, my grand pa will of been gone 11 years on Jan 1st and the mini is long gone.
Memory's last forever!

When I bought my Super bronc from the original owner I thought I was just buying an old mini bike. I started researching these mini's and found this site. When the old owner died I searched his home for weeks and finally found that 1(1981) picture of him on the Bronc that he bought in 1974. Pictures are worth a 1000 words. Great picture of your youth on a mini.

toomanytoys

Memory's last forever!
Yes they do.

I just finished digging through my boxes of stuff. Most of them havent been opened since 2002 when I left home, some longer. So many memories. So many good times.

probably not a good idea digging through old boxes on christmas eve when you are living alone. Shed a tear or 2 for those who have passed on, and had quite a few smiles too. Im a strange person when it comes to items. Most of the little things ive kept I know who and when it was given to me.

Ive probably had too much spiked egg nog tonight and my internet posting privelages should include a breathalizer.

Not lame at all. Indeed 89 wasn't very long ago for many of us, but for you it was most of a lifetime. :thumbsup:

toomanytoys

24 years ago feels like a lifetime. I am going to get that picture framed so I don't lose it again!

24 years and I still remember the joy of riding that bike. If it wasn't 5 degrees out I would fire up a mini to ride because it still feels the same.

buckeye

Fire it up. What the heck.

You have enough firewood to heat the county. Shouldn't have any trouble warming up. Go for it.

As I sit in 40 degree weather. Can't wait to take a Christmas day ride.:thumbsup:

Yes they do.

I just finished digging through my boxes of stuff. Most of them havent been opened since 2002 when I left home, some longer. So many memories. So many good times.

probably not a good idea digging through old boxes on christmas eve when you are living alone. Shed a tear or 2 for those who have passed on, and had quite a few smiles too. Im a strange person when it comes to items. Most of the little things ive kept I know who and when it was given to me.

Ive probably had too much spiked egg nog tonight and my internet posting privelages should include a breathalyzer.
TMT
As long as your a part of the OldMiniBikes family you will never be alone..
Got a good laugh with the part about having too much spiked egg nog and
needing a internet breathalyzer. :laugh: