finally got my back surgery....s1/l5

incogrhino

Had a lumbar decompression on my s1/l5 yesterday morning. Still alive and kicking. Just not very high at the moment. I haven't seen the work they did to me.So no pics yet..haha. still wrapped up. I already know the worst part is not being able to do shit. Can't lift more than 5lbs for weeks they say. And I just picked up a new to me land cruiser I can't work on the day before surgery. Just sat in it today and made a list and enjoyed the weather.

My Michigan no fault auto insurance in covering everything. All the bills. Scripts. Full lost wages. Mileage. I was working on my truck in the driveway when I hurt myself so it goes against my auto insurance. Sounds weird.....but it ended up kicking ass. Only a 300$ deductible. Rest is them.

I hope to get to ride again...as I didn't get to ride a single thing this summer cuz of my jacked spine. I will ride again...:thumbsup::scooter:

Talked to buckeye bout this a long time ago. Just catching up. Is done.:smile:

catfishman

hope the best for you, i have had a herniated l5/s1, and bulging l4/l5 for many years now. the sciatic nerve pain can be a bear.

Wish you the best on a fast recovery Rhino!! :thumbsup:

Spinal stenosis and arthritis in the lower back over here....diagnosed last year at 42! Gonna hold out as long as I can on surgery!

incogrhino

Yep...I'm 39. They didn't wanna work on me..... to young they said. I just jacked. Without pills my body would almost bend 90° to the left. Horrible pain. I have never screamed out before. This made me do it. Let me know my pain meter worked. After the minibike incident I wasn't sure.

banjo

Good luck on your recovery. I have a bulging disk l-5 area. I have been taking gabapentin pills since early this summer and it has been life changing for me. After all the broken bones (including a very broken heel), dislocations, lacerations and all the other assorted injuries. Back pain may top the list for crazy pain. Again I wish you good luck and best wishes to you. Banjo Dave,

buckeye

I was wondering..

Good, now the fun starts.
Take it easy.
Got to give that stuff healing time.
Then, when cleared, start strengthening your core muscles.
Glad you are on the mend.

incogrhino

I did the gabapentin. Didn't touch it. Took lyrica....nothing. took relafen....nothing. There was others I can't remember.

Thanx everyone. So far so good. Thought it would hurt more. Just real tight at the cut. And I'm sick of tangling up these damn hoses to the compression leg wrap things they got me wearing. For the blood clots ya know.

Last edited:
I need lower back surgery but cannot find a surgeon that will work on me since I have scar tissue in that area and I've had so many spinal surgeries in the past that were only mildly successful. I have a fusion at C-1,2,and 3 that greatly limits head movement, C6&7 had sublaxation which seems to have stayed stable. 13 months locked into a halo vest with four pins driven into my skull was sheer misery, a year with a C-collar afterwards was tough but at least I could bathe easier. Sadly the neurosurgeon said he thought my spinal fluid was potentially oxidized during the long difficult surgeries causing me to develop Multiple Sclerosis. My surgeries included nerve repair and shielding with synthetic medical tissue.

I do not envy your situation but can say it could be much worse. I wish you a full and speedy recovery and years of trouble free living afterwards.

WLB

Ouch. Back surgery is scary. Just visited with a friend in Mississippi that had a rod put in his back with allen head screws going into five vertebrae. Hope your surgery wasn't that radical (looked radical to me anyway) and you have a speedy and successful recovery.

incogrhino

They talked fusion before...but after the last MRI they went this direction. There are some good vids of the surgery I think I had.

Outlaw ace...you sound waaaaaay more beat up that I. Sorry man. Shit sucks.

Good to hear ya on here Ryan.

Take it easy for awhile, then ya can come UP for some sledding

Back issues suck,i know quite a few guys with problems,mine isn't exactly the greatest

incogrhino

No pills yesterday. Sure it hurts...but not like it did. Woot.

My pain shot down my leg. A stood on my left leg for well over a year. Made my right nut feel like someone was standing on it. A knife in the back of my leg the whole time. Gravel in my hip. My butt cheek felt like it was collapsing. And a van running over my foot. The only thing left now is just the tiniest gravel in the hip feeling. The cuts kinda of unimpressive. Not even a stitch.

incogrhino

And here is of the cruiser that's going to keep me sane during my healing. 600$. Pulled codes. O2 sensors. Ordered. Plugs and some rust proofing and should be good. Best part..seats fold up...room for mini's galore.