Fire Extinguisher Threads

korndog

Thinking about sacrificing one of my 2.5 Lb. chrome extinguishers for a gas tank project. Anybody know what thread size the valve body screws into on a 2 1/2 pound dry chemical cylinder? I'm hoping it's 3/4" NPT but don't want to empty this thing for no reason.

Thanks
KD

edwin

Thinking about sacrificing one of my 2.5 Lb. chrome extinguishers for a gas tank project. Anybody know what thread size the valve body screws into on a 2 1/2 pound dry chemical cylinder? I'm hoping it's 3/4" NPT but don't want to empty this thing for no reason.

Thanks
KD
what are you new ???? pictures!!! please

Looks good! I like it...:thumbsup: It kind of depends on the "look" your going for, I would consider modifying the nozzle to make that the cap....the pressure gauge and the labels are cool!

korndog

Looks good! I like it...:thumbsup: It kind of depends on the "look" your going for, I would consider modifying the nozzle to make that the cap....the pressure gauge and the labels are cool!
I have been thinking about two configurations. One is to mount it longitudinally under the seat of my Bonanza and using a chrome 90 and bent dip tube for the drain. then I could tap the cylinder and have the filler come up behind the seat. I would really like to use the threaded part and 90 for the filler but then I don't think I could fill the tank more than about half full.

The other would be to use the unit vertically and do as your thinking which sounds really cool. I can't do the vertical mount on my Bonanza build though.

wow...now you got me thinking....I just had to go back and re look at your Bonanza (great looking bike btw!) ,I think I can see where your wanting to go with it, definitely a challenge, may have to go with the heineken beer keg ?... but chrome would be cool with the blue

If you could find an antique Pyrene brass extinguisher and polish it up real nice that would look alot better then the chrome one.
You're right; those would make great tanks! and there are a bunch on eBay. I'm trying to keep this build down to chrome and paint though. But i am definitely going to do that for another project. thanks for the great tip.

Anybody on the threads?