First Build any tips?? Heald VT-1 ?

Any insights are welcome. This is my first build and I got a rolling frame. The front drum brake mechanisms are functional and both tires are on, back tire has a sprocket. The pedal or whatever you would call it for the jack shaft is intact as well. The rest of the bike is just the frame.

What color would this have been from the factory? I am assuming that it was red.

Trying to decide if I go jack shaft or not, what engine would be most appropriate etc. All of those things :)

Thanks!!

What size tires are on the bike,vt7 would have a 21x11x8 rear. VT3/5 would be a 18"x8x8 rear. VT7 front is a 18"x8x8 and VT3/5 is a 15x6x6. Going by kick stand it was an older frame mid 70s

It had some good options on it,front brake,lights and looks like the chevron rear tire, this bike would of used a H70 lighting coil motor.the VT7 jackshaft is different than the VT3/5

Got it running!!!

So I had to do some serious jimmy rigging but I got it done. I had to make some cuts in the original motor mount spots to allow it to slide side to side as well. I also had to raise the motor about 2 inches and on short notice I had to use 2.5 inch pipe nipples. I had to remove the rear fender as well for now. No brakes. But a little work and I should be able to get the front drum up and running again. I used a 2x6 to hold the pipe nipples in place with holes cut for them. This is all until I can get some proper mounting brackets and lifts for the motor. I really wanted this puppy running for a family get together this weekend and mission accomplished!!! Thanks to the guys that answered some questions I had. Now I will start to get this beast to a more respectable condition over time.