First Mini bike, out of three projects... DoodleBug

finished mounting the exhaust, all thats left for that is clean u work...

couldnt find a small enough exhaust clamp, so just used a hose clamp for now

made slits in the mufflers inlet, to allow it to clamp around the header

used rubber washers on the outsides of the mufflers mounting tab\

LMAO!! I didnt see you build a wheelie bar yet! :laugh: What do you mean the kids are going to enjoy this....looks like your having a pretty good time yourself!!

P.S. round those edges of your bracket just a bit if you werent already. Have fun Gerald and be safe!! Hope youve seen "Onebadfoxes" post of what he did to his head, only takes once my friend, I only say this cause it doesnt look like your wearing a helmet.

Jason

LMAO!! I didnt see you build a wheelie bar yet! :laugh: What do you mean the kids are going to enjoy this....looks like your having a pretty good time yourself!!

P.S. round those edges of your bracket just a bit if you werent already. Have fun Gerald and be safe!! Hope youve seen "Onebadfoxes" post of what he did to his head, only takes once my friend, I only say this cause it doesnt look like your wearing a helmet.

Jason
yes bracket is not trimmed yet, but marked to do so, gonna trim quite a bit off... bike will be stretched (and maybe wheelie bars)... and yes this one is mainly for my son, when all said and done... hopefully he will run it down the 1/8th at the track... he is 13... no helmet in this one, guess after all these years of ridin, i get a little careless sometimes... even though im no where near the high balance point, i do understand things can fail etc. which is why i wont let my son or daughter ride it quite yet... gotta get them some new helmets...

Last edited:
Yeah, you got the wheelie thing down. Awesome work.
lol, thank you... i had to give up riding street bikes (the "crotch rocket" style) years ago... i am a very good rider some say... i made myself get a harley and sold the last crotch rocket in early 2007... i dont even ride the harley that often anymore, because of my back, but riding this little thing around reminded me of being much younger... my kids are much more fortunate than i was growing up, but thats not their fault... as long as they keep the grades up and the attitudes right, they will have alot of fun...

I didn't see any wheelie bar on there right? You got those wheelies down man, wish I could wheelie like that
thanks, ive been riding dirt/street bikes since i was 8 years old...

no wheelie bar... but gonna have a custom frame made for me (instead of having this one stretched), will try and make wheelie bars for this one so that i can be more comfortable letting my son ride it...

got the rear sprocket in from OldMiniBikes... waiting on upgraded brake setup to arrive and new front rim and tires front and back... gonna have to change the hot pink sprockets color... didnt see an option for a black sprocket and need to grab some hardware for it

54t

Just strip that annodizing off with easy off oven cleaner the full strength kind (the fume free didnt work for me) be careful the stuff is toxic! and re-annodze or paint in a color you like!!

Is that black bubble wrap? Just makes a wicked background!
its silver, but the lighting made it look tht way
Just strip that annodizing off with easy off oven cleaner the full strength kind (the fume free didnt work for me) be careful the stuff is toxic! and re-annodze or paint in a color you like!!
yeh, i dont have any issues recoating it, just didnt realize how pink it was until i had it in my hands... trust me the whole bike is gonna get a little treatment before its all said and done... i cant leave most anything stock or alone... gonna let my son attempt to paint it, if he wants to ride it... then i will airbrush something on it