Fixed bikes ... pics and a plug!! Dorothy is still on simmer ...

My Dorothy project has been on simmer while other projects have taken precedence.

jeep4me needed some struts made for this bonanza ... also at some point in it's life someone hacksawed the fork lowers off because everything was frozen ... Some PB Blaster, a torch, some 1/2" dowels and a lot of pounding got everything out in one piece. I reused everything I pounded out and remade the missing parts and attached them with a 1/4-20 stud and welded it together.

I still need to make a kickstand for this bike ... my brother Tom wants one for his Bonanza too ...

About a week ago my daughter called and said the Motovox MBX11 broke ... she dropped it off with these parts ...

Its hard to see but the blower housing is dented OUT badly.

Took off the blower housing and found where the parts came from ...

I had no idea what happened.
I nice guy on CL (Cameron) had a Lifan 79cc motor that is a direct replacement for this motor. It was for a project of his ... more on that at the end in the Plug!
All he was asking was $10 ... it had about 4 hours on it.

Woke up today, 7-3-17, had an email from Cameron saying he was available today. I went and picked up the motor. Got back home, eating a nice Brat Dog for lunch and I get a text from my oldest daughter ... "My Bike Needs A Doctor, STAT!!".
She has a 1975-ish Heald VT-8 (H60 motor with lighting coil and starter).
So I make the 90 mile round trip and go get it ...
I call my brother Tom to help with mini bike repairs ... He stopped over after work.
He took the Motovox engine swap and I take the broken Heald.

I don't have pics of the Heald but the bolt that holds the driven on was missing and bearings came out ... also the TAV cover got schmucked ... it was an easy fix all in all.

Tom working on the Motovox called me over and says he knows why part of the magneto broke off taking the emboss from the block with it ...
The magnet in the flywheel came out on the fly ...

Yep, there's a hole but no magnet ...
I had disconnected the governor ... I'm guessing that was not a good idea ... the replacement motor has its governor intact.
Tom got the Lifan into its new home, started on the 2nd pull ... he tweaked a few things till it was ride ready.

Tom left and my wife and I took another 90 mile round trip to return my daughters Heald to her.

The center piece in my garage to all this is my 93 wing torn apart waiting on a final drive seal ... it's the round black thing on the orange rag ... should be here Thursday ..

Plug time!!
Cameron the guy I got the Lifan from also makes human, electric small gas powered vehicles.
I went to pick up the motor and was blown away with the level of what I was seeing.
This is world class stuff tucked away in a non-descript neighborhood in my town.
I wont ramble .... here is his website ...
HOME
Click projects .. there are descriptions and videos ...

[video=youtube;MXYds4K7gHk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXYds4K7gHk[/video]