Fixing a flex-o

BC DAVE

As many of you know here..... :doah:

I bought a "BIG BEAR SCRAMBLER" from "HARLEY PAPA" a while ago here on OldMiniBikes :thumbsup: Randy is DOWN TO EARTH :thumbsup: I have nothing more to say about the MAN.... He is MY friend :thumbsup: The bike came to me well packaged with care. Thank You Randy! As "H/P" stated in his for sale thread.... The bike is in need work, but was all there :thumbsup: for a rebuild/restore.....

Randy told me over the phone that it was "Jacked Up"......We both agreed that it is still a "BIG BEAR SCRAMBLER" and needed to be brought back to life :thumbsup: Though many of you WILL/AND DO NOT APPROVE how I do things/post here.... One has to remember here, that I like to "HOT ROD" anything that I build..... Be it a car/truck.... And now a mini bike.

I will always try to keep the project at hand with in the relam of being correct :shrug: Then I wounder off to the "HOT ROD" land of.... "What If?".... Well... I done gone and woundered off here to "HOT ROD LAND" on "H/P'S" FLEX-O and also the land of Dave "BANZAI" Bonbright. I'm throwing this W/B 820 into "H/P'S" FLEX-O .....

Dave Bonbright is "Engine Masters" :thumbsup: if you are not in the know about "BANZAI" Go do a Google on him.... HE IS THE REAL DEAL :thumbsup: As some of you know this is what this engine looked like when I saved/found it from it's soon to be death (Metal Recyclers) at work :hammer: .....

The engine's insides are fully poilshed, the exhaust ports are squared.... The intake ports are now siamesed with a total of eight intake ports (all hand ported).... Short of running it on Alky.... The engine right now is in the 18-20 H.P. out put on gas :thumbsup: On alky.... 24 H.P. On up to the kill setting :doah: all in a engine that weighs less then Ten pounds.... A perfect engine to "HOT ROD" Randy's AKA.... HARLEY PAPA'S "FLEX-O" :wink:

BC1500 DAVE :thumbsup

Last edited:
:drool: I have a four letter swear word hovering in my head all drawn out and slow like in the movies.
All that Chrome made my eyes loose focus:thumbsup::thumbsup:

BC DAVE

TANK....

You are one COOL CAT :thumbsup: in my eyes.... I love the Chopper you are building.... You are a guy that is not afraid to ask questions when you are not sure.... This makes you VERY WISE also :thumbsup: Sheeet .... If'n you need some QUALITY PLATING/POWDER COATING..... Let me know! My Bro's own the shops in question. They are dealing with me right now.... And saying ..... "What are you doing..... and what is this part for?" I tell'm that it's for a mini bike and they just look at me with a look of "like I lost it" :laugh::laugh::laugh: But they want to see finished project.

Get your parts together and figure out the shipping to the U.S. postal zip code 95632 and return postage back to your Hood.... And WE can get those needed parts chrome/coated for you for a song and a dance.... NO the still of you on your chopper will not work :laugh::laugh::laugh:

DAVE

BC DAVE

Na... TANK

I don't roll like that.... I'm not after acaloides here..... I just get on here when I got something wourth posting...... Be it wrong or right :doah: But ......Thank You for your kind word's :thumbsup:

DAVE

buckeye

Really??? You gonna ruin that Flexo?:laugh:
Wow, what a power plant. And again,your attention to detail is unreal. That engine is saaaaweeet!!
Looking forward to this one.
Great work as usual Dave.:thumbsup:

Hey Dave
Next time you post some pictures can you clean up some of the tools from around the area..:thumbsup:
Just kidding!!
That things gonna scream!! better put a seat belt on it :scooter:
Awesome job :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Neck

Growing up is optional
And I thought the Bonanza was over the top! This thing is gonna be AWESOME!! I need to see a video of the first time you ride it, make sure you wear your ear plugs.

Great work Dave. :thumbsup: That engine turned out perfect, I love the carb scoop. :thumbsup: I can't to see how the rest of the bike turns out if the engine looks like that. :thumbsup:

:doah:Thanks guys for your kind words :thumbsup:

Yep BUCK.... I'm going to ruin that FLEX-O with that engine :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'll do my best my friend :thumbsup: as far as the frame goes :doah: I'm just going to rebuild it and get it back to square one and then go from there. There's a lot of work that needs to be done to it :eek: i'll be doing this work when Winter comes around due to the heat right now in my garage.

With the engine out a the way, I still have a lot of other things to fix. The brake needs some attention for sure.....

The rear sprocket was gone :doah: so I bought a new one from OldMiniBikes :thumbsup: and had Dependable Machine open it up and weld it to the brake hub that has a lot of life left in it :thumbsup:.....

It spins true and is off to the platers. I've got alot more detail to do to the engine, seeing how there isn't much to the mini itself :shrug: don't get wrong I like the bike! There just isn't many frills that come with it..... So the engine/tank are the point of interest! Also another point of interest (For my neighbors) will be the amount of noise that comes out of that header :doah: You bet NECK :thumbsup: a video will come around once the bike is done.

BC1500 DAVE :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I had the insides of my scoop & header powder coated the color of the bike.....

The candy apple red looks great out in the sun light..... Not so good under artificial lighting :doah: ....

The wheels that Randy sent (GO-POWERS 2) were in excellent condition and were polished..... They polished out very well with very few pits that you can't even see :shrug:....

BC1500 DAVE :thumbsup:

This is going to be over the top. Your 1500 build so far has been my favorite build out of all that I've seen. This very well might be a new top for me. I love everything so far. I have no doubt that the frame will also look killer!!!