Fox Doodle Bug

Restored the Fox last year and put a B&S on it then. I have since put a NOS Tecumseh H35 so Now it's done. Runs nice and its fun to ride with the manual vplex 2 speed clutch.

Rich, did you take any photos of the V-plex installation, or rigging besides these? Very interested in this. I have a V-plex burning a hole in my pocket and a similar size frame.

Also, how does it shift? From what I gather, you can shift higher, but have to go real slow to get back slower?

Nice looking bike. I am very interested in some details, if you'd care to share. :thumbsup:

V Plex

Here you go Dave, You are exactly right about the shifting. Mine is geared very low in first, low like it would pull any hill. When I shift to second I'm only running maybe 10mph wide open but its cool when it shifts, gives a little jerk.

Thanks for the nice comments guys....Sorry I'm causing you pain Buckeye :)

Last edited:
Here you go Dave, You are exactly right about the shifting. Mine is geared very low in first, low like it would pull any hill. When I shift to second I'm only running maybe 10mph wide open but its cool when it shifts, gives a little jerk.
:thumbsup: Thank you for that photo. Very descriptive of the mount and cable.

That bike is beautiful Rich. I poured over this bike a thousand times when i was restoring mine. I do like the looks better with the H35 and the white color. You did a great job.

Doc

thats interesting 2 speed setup. i think thats the first one i have ever seen on a bike....:scooter:
Delray, that's the V-Plex two speed clutch from back in the day. There is one on Ebay that's been there awhile. Way too much $$ IMO.

I have a brand new one, and it's going on the bike that you and I have been discussing. :wink: That's why I was keen to see a close-up of Rich's awesome setup.

That bike is beautiful Rich. I poured over this bike a thousand times when i was restoring mine. I do like the looks better with the H35 and the white color. You did a great job.

Doc
Thanks a lot Doc....It's an improved version of my 67 doodlebug I had when I was a kid.