Fox Thunderbolt Hodaka

Picked up this Fox Thunderbolt (?), the story goes that this is a factory prototype or something built up by a Fox employee back in the day.
After looking at it closely, it is definitely something that someone built up, could it have been the Fox factory, or an employee, who knows??
It really isn’t such a “Butcher” job either, with a fresh paint job and some clean up on the welding, this could be a really interesting piece to add to any collection.
Interesting that the serial numbers both have “715”, could be a coincidence….or maybe not.
The Fox Frame # is B0071525
The Hodaka motor # is E21715.
The bike runs very well, pretty quick too, the shifter pattern is 1 up 4 down.
The shifter is short, it is functional, but could use to be extended or the pegs moved back, like I said with a little “clean up” welding this thing would be really sweet!
Any information is greatly appreciated.
Thank you for all of your help!

Picked up this Fox Thunderbolt (?), the story goes that this is a factory prototype or something built up by a Fox employee back in the day.
After looking at it closely, it is definitely something that someone built up, could it have been the Fox factory, or an employee, who knows??
It really isn’t such a “Butcher” job either, with a fresh paint job and some clean up on the welding, this could be a really interesting piece to add to any collection.
Interesting that the serial numbers both have “715”, could be a coincidence….or maybe not.
The Fox Frame # is B0071525
The Hodaka motor # is E21715.
The bike runs very well, pretty quick too, the shifter pattern is 1 up 4 down.
The shifter is short, it is functional, but could use to be extended or the pegs moved back, like I said with a little “clean up” welding this thing would be really sweet!
Any information is greatly appreciated.
Thank you for all of your help!
There were a few of these made using various Thunderbolt or speedway parts. many had lights and wore Manufacture plates. The R&D guys would use them as daily transpo and test out new ideas and products i.e shocks, wheels, engines, speedway sidecars, ect. I bought one of these Hodaka engined ones when the factory folded. Of course I later sold it...ugh! So it most likely is a 1 off from the factory! Very nice find! :thumbsup: Charley.