Fox Trail Bug "The Boys Birthday Present"

Just got this completed. Their birthday party is this weekend and it is a total surprise. They will be 8 and 10. Frame was blasted and powder coated. The frame was left totally original. Everything I put on it was modified and fit to use existing holes or brackets. The rear sprocket was satin nickle plated. I had the disc caliper all ready to go, but once I got it back from the plater I didn't want to mark it up. I went with a clutch brake and it stops way better than the disc. Scottessey helped me with the original chain guard. Thank you very much. New seat, copied from original. Fenders were fabbed from flat plate. Wanted to keep it original and add some new touches to it. Number plates are polished stainless steel with vinyl numbers. Exhaust was fabbed from stainless as well. It sounds fantastic. Hope you enjoy, I could not be happier with finished product. I included the original pictures of the day I got it. Gotta love Craigslist.

I gotta say you did a fantastic job on that bike,very very nice and I know for a fact that whoever the child is that gets that will be very happy:thumbsup: again very good job on that one:thumbsup:

buckeye

Of course being a self proclaimed Fox addict, that is one fine bike!!!
I commend you and hope that if you ever want to adopt another kid, you remember me!
Outstanding!

Fantastic work!!! That bike is gorgeous, and your boys will love it! Just remember when it gets its first scratch, that they are kids. Then think back to the days of your first minibike.:laugh: I'm almost done with an azusa I'm building for my son Nathan's 10th birthday, and I'm getting quite excited, as I know you are. Good job Dad!:thumbsup:

Matt

Very nice work. What's really cool is you have the before pics to go along with it. I'm sure the kids will have a blast with it.
She's a beauty!

Great work! The exhaust and that rear fender are killer! I love the way you flared the end of the fender and added the stripe with the logo. It looks outstanding! :thumbsup:

Thanks to everyone for all the great compliments. As you all know there was a lot of work in this bike. I'm glad to have this forum so we can share our ideas and projects. The last order I got from OldMiniBikes included the rear fender decal. As soon as I saw it I knew exactly where it was going. I appreciate them including that in my order.
Well this one is done and gonna finish this one next!! Stainless steel hand made tank.

Thanks to everyone for all the great compliments. As you all know there was a lot of work in this bike. I'm glad to have this forum so we can share our ideas and projects. The last order I got from OldMiniBikes included the rear fender decal. As soon as I saw it I knew exactly where it was going. I appreciate them including that in my order.
Well this one is done and gonna finish this one next!! Stainless steel hand made tank.
Damm that looks familiar :laugh:

Sure is, the old sears drover. crammed a 5 hp briggs and had to notch the frame for the plug. changed the rake and lengthened the forks. The handle bars are obviously much taller.