French Harley x90 restoration

Hi everybody,

I lived in France (you will excuse my English:shrug:) and I have just acquired a harley x90, not long ago. I come on the forum to present you my minibike but also for know your opinions and advice on the restoration:doah:.
It is of 1975 and I have already a little begun his restoration with a good cleaning:laugh:.

It starts easily but the slow idle does not like even by accelerating in the handle, the increases of regime are unstable.
I think first of all of emptying the gas tank and then of cleaning the carburetor.

Thanking you for your help:thumbsup:

Exactly, the year is 1973. The paper indicate 1975 and i observe the correctly year on tne minibike is 1973:thumbsup:
I have restore this week end, exhaust, frame and many part i have paint.
Thanks for the link.

I have brought the manuel part and when i receive, i become restore the motor:doah:

The speedometer and front forks look like 74/75 vintage not 1973. Check the serial numbers on the frame and engine. The last digit indicates the year.

qui est une très belle minibike souhaiter la bienvenue au fourm
I understand what you are trying to say and I know he does, but I'll correct it anyways lol.

Vous avez une tres beau minibike.
Bienvenue au forum de OldMiniBikes

I can butcher french as bad as Engish lol.

Its the verbs that mess people up.
There are several ways to say You.
There is tu singular and Vous plural and sometimes they are interchangeable.
Then you get in the the masculiune and femminin.
There realy is no "IT" in french so you call things she or he....

The engine and frame number should match unless the engine was replaced. The engine serial number is on the rear of the crankcase. The frame serial number is on a plate that is tack welded to the frame under the engine or stamped into the frame neck area. The serial number should be 2D XXXXX H3, or H4, or H5. The last number indicates the year.

Who's?
What part?
Exactly what did you like?

Bullshitter!
Its fine to try and sell something but don't try and snow people with fake interest in our bikes.
And show a little respect to the forum owner.
He is paying the bills to opperate this site.
If you have something to sell do it in the right area, follow the rules and buy a membership to suport this site.

Finally, the engine indicates year 1974. It is incredible... The stickers of the reservoir and the other elements reminds in 1973 and the motorcycle registration document is of 1975....
I thus have 3 dates differentes:shrug:

I resolved carburetor problem:laugh:.

I have questions:eek:ut:
For the engine, I've buy 2 stroke oil.
But I would like to know if oil dexron III is good to the transmission?:confused:

Last edited:
My guess would be no on the oil. That oil is for an automatic transmission. X-90 should be able to tell you the correct oil. I believe it will be an engine oil like a 10-40 or something like that.