"Gangsta" CAT350SS

Here you go:
e-BAY: NOS Rockford Chibi Tora Motorcycle Minibike Footpegs Footpeg Rubber
( 271839882295 ) $14.99
Thanks! But I mean the actual folding metal part of the foot peg ya got on the frame? I've seen bolt on ones, but I want weld on ones like those.

Also, do you know or could measure from the top of your engine frame plate to the to the bottom of the handlebars? I'm wondering if you have the same amount of clearance as I do on my (believed to be) 250X frame.

What engine is that/how mant horsepower? I have a 3.5hp honda gx110 I think from a pressure washer I was going to use, but that may not have quite enough power for me...

Thanks! But I mean the actual folding metal part of the foot peg ya got on the frame? I've seen bolt on ones, but I want weld on ones like those.

Also, do you know or could measure from the top of your engine frame plate to the to the bottom of the handlebars? I'm wondering if you have the same amount of clearance as I do on my (believed to be) 250X frame.

What engine is that/how mant horsepower? I have a 3.5hp honda gx110 I think from a pressure washer I was going to use, but that may not have quite enough power for me...

Must be someone cut off the factory welded pegs from your frame. I made two close up shots so you can see how they are done. 7/8 tubing that is flattened on one edge. A companion tube with what appear to be two plates, about 1.25 inches long, is notched/welded into the frame about an inch in front of the main tube welds. A heavy duty rivet is used to attach the peg to the notched and welded piece. I can dig around my photos to find more, if you need more detail.

The distance from the motor plate to the bottom of the frame is 13.25" measured at the notch for the chain. I built a Tecumseh OH195 engine for this bike. The crank is from an OH60 as is the intake and carb. I think it'll be about 6.5 hp once the header is installed. I have one inch clearance between the top of the plug and the frame rail. I haven't measured, but I have 6.5 predators on my 400s, and clearance is tight but they fit. Access to fuel caps is tricky--hemi preds require a new cap and non-hemi pred caps come off easy (I have one of each). I imagine much of the same hop up stuff you can do to a 190 or 200 will work--experts will know--there is a tech section on Hondas and clones, post there. To be honest, I put a 5hp GC190 from a pressure washer on a Manco Thunderbird with a 54 tooth sprocket and it was WAY more than it needed--you may be just fine.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

MTopp--
BTW, the distance to frame rail on the CAT 400 is 14.5" A Predator will not fit on a 350 and definitely not a 250 without a different tank. Test fit your 110. May be real close, especially with the filler cap in the center. I learned the hard way.

MTopp--
BTW, the distance to frame rail on the CAT 400 is 14.5" A Predator will not fit on a 350 and definitely not a 250 without a different tank. Test fit your 110. May be real close, especially with the filler cap in the center. I learned the hard way.
The little gx110 3.5hp fits easy,I just want more power, haha always do. I'll be on the lookout for a 5-6.5hp tecumseh or briggs, but haven't been able to locate a close mini bike meet for a while :( . The 6.5 hp predators 1)are too wide and 2) are weak, I blew up the small 3.5 hp, although, I did not upgrade as I should've..not gonna put money into a chinese engine.

Parts are trickling in....

Got the Robertson's Torque Tube yesterday and test fit it. We had a miscommunication on the muffler (I ended up with a 1 5/16" RLV) which won't work with the 1" pipe. Robertson's is great to work with. The owner called me to check on the fit and to be clear on what I needed. Delray hooked me up with a 3" fuel tank in beautiful shape and I test fit it today. Paint is scheduled to arrive tonight, so I might be able to put some color on sheet metal parts tomorrow.

Attachments

zeeman

That bike is looking way cool. I think I have a Cat in the garage, but I am not sure. I traded for it a few years ago. I really look forward to seeing the finished bike.

Looks Great Pete :thumbsup: I wish I had your motivation :doah: my Bonanza has been sitting on the bench in the shop untouched since last December :eek:ut: and it might sit there a little longer as I plan to build my Toyoco to run the TT races next season :thumbsup: If you have a link to Robertson can you post it I'm going to need a header for my OH60 some day :laugh:

That bike is looking way cool. I think I have a Cat in the garage, but I am not sure. I traded for it a few years ago. I really look forward to seeing the finished bike.
I'm really pleased with the look. It's ending up as I envisioned. More neat stuff to come.

Looks Great Pete :thumbsup: I wish I had your motivation :doah: my Bonanza has been sitting on the bench in the shop untouched since last December :eek:ut: and it might sit there a little longer as I plan to build my Toyoco to run the TT races next season :thumbsup: If you have a link to Robertson can you post it I'm going to need a header for my OH60 some day :laugh:
Kart Pipes - Home

These folks are old school (my kind of people). Everything is one off and they will make to your specs. I'll post close up photos as I can get to it. I've mentioned several times that sitting on a stool and wrenching is about all I can do right now, so the bikes have been a godsend.

Dressing up the sheet metal and tank...

The green came last evening, so I was able to get the base coats of green on the fenders, clutch guard and tank today. More coats to come to get to the final hue. Finally started raining around here (after almost 2 months), so I stayed camped on my stool in the garage most of the day.

Attachments

Tank Bracket

I had a vintage 2 cycle tank and bracket that I used to figure out how to mount the tank I picked up from Delray. I got an angle bracket at Home Depot that was 3/32" galvanized plate (I detailed what I did to it in an earlier post). I had some U-channel aluminum running around that I used to make the mounting base for the tank. I angled it to match the angle of cylinder head and to bring it closer to the block. I re-used the spring steel straps from the 2-cycle bracket along with the "y" bolts. I test fit it, sanded it, primed it and shot it in Nissan Silver. It turned out pretty slick.

Attachments