gas prices

catfishman

i didnt think i would ever see it under $2.00 a gallon again. my truck sucks down the gas, and i never want to go anywhere cause of fuel cost, now its looking better.

yeah the gas prices are great right now but they are not doing it for us and as soon as they can they will raise the prices again this is all done to crush/punish Russia and nothing more.

$1.99 to $2.40 depending on what side of town you are on here. One particular place that I have boycotted is $1.89, the reason I boycotted the place is those prices have people waiting out on 10th street to get in line and it causes traffic issues that I seem to get caught up in every time I drive downtown. Another place further down has super low prices but the pumps start at three to seven cents so I never go there, if you complain the little man behind the glass tells you to contact corporate. I contacted the Oklahoma Corporation Commission instead and he had to fix the problem, I still will never go back. T Boone Pickens said in 2008 that gas would never go under $2.00 a gallon again, he best be glad he didn't bet his multi-billion dollar fortune on that statement.

gbones

The lowest I've seen was today on my way home from work, $2.69. All I had on me was $8, I was on E so that gave me almost 1/4 tank. Ill be back there tomorrow. When I got my license in the summer of '97 I was 18 and gas was mid .90's, and was complaining about how high gas was.

I remember when I was 16 years old and the gas wars were going on...we bought gas for .21 cents a gallon, but that was a few years ago ! :laugh:

2.27 to 2.39 around here. Diesel is 3.37 for road fuel, and is .53 less for offroad use. That will make a big difference next spring during spring planting.

I quit my Operating Engineers union job at the Beverly Hilton Hotel where I was the Refrigeration Engineer and had it totally made and loved my job.
But gas went up to at that time an unbelievable $.60 per gallon and I had a 101 mile round trip. When they went to odd and even gas days with a five gallon limit and my Dodge van only got 10 MPH I was forced to line up at each end of my day. Gas crunches ran me out of the mini bike business when you couldn't sell the mini bikes because of the mid 1970's economy.
Steve

MikeBear

$2.25 in the Freeland area tonight. I have to drive through there tomorrow morning when I leave my shift, and I'm hoping it'll drop another couple cents before then.

We're still getting shafted. Back when oil was $60 a barrel we were paying about R7.00 a litre. It climbed all the way up to R13.66 and its only come down by R0.05 cents.

Food prices have almost doubled . Was blamed on the oil price and fuel costs. Go figure oil comes down and food prices stay the same. Now the excuse is the weak rand.

I want to say the lowest I've seen it in CT was 2.33, but I might be wrong.

Don't worry, once summer hits, it'll probably be $5+ a gallon. Just watch.

We hit $2.06 Saturday,I picked my RV up from the repair shop and dropped $50 in it...first time it's been on full in a long time. Dropped a bottle of Stabil in it and now ready for spring