George Barris Custom

Hey yall!! finally decided to get something going after sittin around for a bit... I picked up this George Barris bike in midwest pa a few weeks ago and it was trashed.. anyways after some cleaning i got most of the gunk and grime off of it. IMG_2296.jpg
I picked up a 212 Predator Clone at HF and took all the ugliness off of it. Plan on getting an upgrade kit for it later on, as of now, i got new bushings made for the steering neck, straightened a bend in the frame and began mocking up new handlebars.. i am going for a more rat rod look IMG_2299.jpg IMG_2302.jpg IMG_2303.jpg IMG_2304.jpg
Stay tuned and leave feedback, its all appreciated!

Alright fellas and potential ladies.. the last couple weeks have been busy.. and freezing.. Its been pretty cold up here in the 814. However i didnt let that halt production. Myself and my girlfriends father have been pretty busy workin on the bike.. so far weve gotten the new handlebars tacked, along with tank mounts and a new scrub brake setup. tomorrow i plan on getting everything finished up, sand blasted and powdercoated. Cant wait to see this bad boy finished up, more importantly cant wait to start on my next bike. IMG_2469.jpg IMG_2470.jpg IMG_2471.jpg IMG_2472.jpg IMG_2473.jpg

Havent had too much response to this thread... oh well! Its getting slept on but this bike is turning out great. A few minor fixes and adjustments and this custom classic is gonna be ready for the road!! Have to adjust the brake assembly and tweak the pad for the scrub brake but after all of that we'll be good to go!!! IMG_2663.jpg IMG_2664.jpg IMG_2666.jpg IMG_2668.JPG

trinik7597

is that the scrub brake you guys made yourself ? if so that is some fine work looks just like the original :thumbsup: bike is coming out really nice benny good job :thumbsup::thumbsup: the other funny thing is i was just telling someone that the stellars came with those extra long bars not that long ago perfect example right there

Almost there!!!

Alright so its finally coming together and i couldnt be more pleased!! When i got this bike it was a total dump but now i couldnt be more proud to show it off!!
Updates include, Brake modification to prevent it from hitting the chain,
A throttle cable is finally installed, gas tank is mounted, and the seat is in the works (forgot where i put my stapler:confused:) However, i am going with red vinyl for the seat, i think it will really set everything off!
Thanks for staying tuned, keep checkin on this and ill post a final picture/video!!