Got a new electric Go Kart ''winter'' project idea rolling around in my head.

I74

Was just thinking of something ……
I don't think a machine could ''just'' join our site,, & magically ''just'' post ads like this in our threads ..
Plus it's not random,, & the user name changed once already in short order,, after I made my first quote about it.

Could be wrong though,,, but I doubt it .

Wonder also,, if a moderator can find out where this originated from,, like what part of the country or world ??

Last edited:

I74

Funny story here. Just went out to the race trailer , I've got a bottle of both summer and winter helium. Don't use it much as it don't work real well with my lead foot. But I wasn't looking for that. It's going to rain tomorrow in California so I was out looking for some dry air. No luck haven't used it in so long it turned to dust in the bottom of the tank. So I called up my locale tire shop and they said they were switching from winter air to summer air but it hasn't had time to dry yet, they said that they still had some salt air in stock. But it's not going to snow it going to rain. So I called up the race track and they said that all they had left in stock was some sticky air( no shipments because of covid). They said they were hanging on to that air because the British cars were running later this weekend and you know how they like to oil a track down. So I guess I'm stuck with old air. That's my story and I'm sticking to it;)
Those o'l British sports cars,, LOL .... Worked on more than a few ton's of them over the many years....
Besides leaking oil ,, don't forget to also mention that they never run @ night. LOL. :D;)
My first car was a 69 Triumph GT6+.
Thank God my Pop's was an electronical engineer, to help guide me in learning that ''Lucas prince of darkness'' electrical stuff.

You know why they don't serve cold beer in England ?
Because Lucas makes the refrigerators. LMAO :p

Last edited:

desert rat

Do you know when to add oil to a British car? When it stops leaking. I have four British cars one just happens to be a '67 GT6. And a '50 MGTD mark 2, two '77 MGBs, I gave my son the '76 MGB overdrive with factory hard top. You ether love them or hate them.

I74

Do you know when to add oil to a British car? When it stops leaking. I have four British cars one just happens to be a '67 GT6. And a '50 MGTD mark 2, two '77 MGBs, I gave my son the '76 MGB overdrive with factory hard top. You ether love them or hate them.
I broke the living B-Jesus out of that GT6+, & learned how to fix ''especially the drive train'' in very short order ...
Definitely the wrong car for a 16 year old to be going out & trying to race with.

It was the cool dark British racing green with magnesium American racing rally wheels, also had a Nardi steering wheel, & x -tra wood work.
You could also get 4 outlet exhaust & headers ect. ect. from JC Whitney way back then...….
Had 2 Stromberg CD-SC's on it.

Last I knew,, my Pop's said that he still sees it cruising around once in a great while.
The stupid ass painted it a puke looking red though,, right after he bought it , many years ago.
That really never set well with me.

I74

Got our 13s - 4p, 14ah packs today !
Each pack weighs just under 4.4 lbs.
Each Kart will run 2 of them in parallel,, with giving a total capacity of 28ah.
The cells are 18650 - 3500ma ones, with each pack having 52 of them. That is a total of 104 cells per Kart.
Should be able to get about an hr. run time no problem.
100_6564.JPG

Last edited:

I74

Sweet. Still waiting on the controller? Motor?
Yes.
Hope to see those within the next couple of weeks...
Here 's where the packs will live.
Have a plastic food storage container to cover them that I modified..
Packs will be secured with 2 wrapped Velcro straps, & I will be making 4 slots in the pan for them to go thru.
Container lid inside will have Velcro also,, to attach to the top of the straps.
That will make the container lid super easy to install & remove. ;)
100_6569.JPG 100_6566.JPG

I74

If you could squeeze a third battery pak in there that would get you 42ah...50% more zoom!
We will go with this set up for now,, & the price was right.
Can always ad or upgrade down the road. ;)

Here is a pic of the batt cover I ended up modifying from 2 food containers.
There is openings in the front & rear of it for air flow cooling.

100_6571.JPG

I74

Regardless of how it's powered, that is one gorgeous machine.
Thank you Tanshanomi ,, it's been a labor of love,, & your compliment means ''a lot'' ! :)

Also,,
''Welcome to OldMiniBikes'' !
There is ''a bunch'' of great knowledgeable people on here.

I

I74

If you could squeeze a third battery pak in there that would get you 42ah...50% more zoom!
Got a Guy on a Kart site that's trying to talk me into adding 2 more packs on top.
There is not enough clearance for my legs with 2 more on top,, & also would jack up my foot/ pedal positioning.

But,,
a 3rd pack,, ''like you suggested Mariah'' ,,, on top of the other 2 ''in the center of them'', is probably going to happen down the road...

That would ''like you said'',, give me a cap. of 42ah, & ''at least'' ,, 20+ min. more run time,, plus an added 15a more continuous,, for more power longer.
It would also not drain ea. pack as quick,, plus the packs would probably last longer in the long run,,, with the cells not working as hard. ;)