Got me a Scion IQ......pics

markus

The whole thing needs to be a airbag. Imagine what would happen if a 66 Catalina happen to rub up against it. Just sayin..

I am a technician for Toyota, when I was up for some training they were telling my about he IQ they got to "test". Sitting at a light in the turn lane waiting for traffic, a lady in a suburban right behind the IQ decided she was going to pull out. She literally pushed the IQ into middle of the intersection, My teacher still had his foot on the brake the whole time. Airbags never deployed.

Visibly the IQ looked ok other than some bumper damage, so He drove it back to the training center after Highway patrol issued tickets etc.. On the way back he said it drove kinda funny. They racked it and inspected it, Pretty much twisted that little thing up enough to pretty much "total" it.

I have not tried to rack one yet, they are so small its going to be an issue, They say if your going to do any major component removal while it is on the lift You have to place stationary jacks at the opposing sides or the little thing will just flip right over and off the lift:doah:

Only thing I don't like about the little toyota's... they are all loud as hell!

I am a technician for Toyota, when I was up for some training they were telling my about he IQ they got to "test". Sitting at a light in the turn lane waiting for traffic, a lady in a suburban right behind the IQ decided she was going to pull out. She literally pushed the IQ into middle of the intersection, My teacher still had his foot on the brake the whole time. Airbags never deployed.

Visibly the IQ looked ok other than some bumper damage, so He drove it back to the training center after Highway patrol issued tickets etc.. On the way back he said it drove kinda funny. They racked it and inspected it, Pretty much twisted that little thing up enough to pretty much "total" it.

I have not tried to rack one yet, they are so small its going to be an issue, They say if your going to do any major component removal while it is on the lift You have to place stationary jacks at the opposing sides or the little thing will just flip right over and off the lift:doah:

Only thing I don't like about the little toyota's... they are all loud as hell!
that is why I would never own one of those pieces of shit.

That is impressive. Educated me a bit.
New cars crumple where old cars bend. Crumpling absorbs shock and lessens impact so in many crashes a newer car fares better. But I've walked away with zero injuries in totaled old full frame cars, just depends on the dynamics of the accident. I'd rather be in a bigger car with crumple zones than a little one regardless the wreck.:doah: