governor removal of predator and feels like no change

I have a few mods on my predator...
arc air adapter, filter, main jet, emulsion tube, low speed jet, header.

I removed the governor ( internally ) and haven't seen any changes to the top end. It feels the same as when I had the governor in the kart.

I removed the whole governor assembly minus the shaft since I'm using the stock throttle setup. Just added a return spring to the governor arm.

Any ideas?

Yup thats the first battle I fought. Had to move around some springs and add and take away a little tension at a time but I can get on the kart and hit the gas and I can see that its fully opening up the butterfly. Well it looks that way from the linkage.
I will take off the air filter and verify in 1 sec.

You need to put at least 18lb springs in your motor, because if you do get it to start revving you run the risk of a valve hitting the piston.:hammer:

Last edited:
I reworked the throttle situation and moved the tav to the 3rd position and right now its a lot faster. I haven't gotten it out on a stretch long enough to really ring it out but I'd say its moving out pretty good right now. Probably 45mph from 35mph governed.

You need to put at least 18lb springs in your motor, because if you do get it to start revving you run the risk of a valve hitting the piston.:hammer:
Good float video here.
You can see how the valve is bouncing off the seat and the spring and retainer assembly are turning and woble.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_REQ1PUM0rY
This is hell on the parts, the spring weaken, all the parts are being shaken and stressed badly.

You right about things breaking up and hitting the piston, but equaly important and often forgot is the stress these heavier springs ( the 18 pound from the G200 ) put on the clone parts. You need to watch them ( well you need to watch them at 10 pounds too ) close and change things out as soon as you start to see failure.

Kart racers are changing springs and parts in under 20 hours and valves and lapping at least every season ( if the engine lasts that long ).

Drop a valve buy a motor....