Governor

Governor soon to be removed on 6.5 clone

It'll probably be a week or so before get to it. If you want to add comments/ questions jump right in. with the dailys getting here maybe push something out of this one.

Happy Thursday

Last edited:
i need to remove mine too, but just been lazy. the bikes plenty fast w/ the gov., but hey..:wink:
same here, after just a few tweaks the bike is pretty quick. May have some off time next week so why not. If anything should be doing the brakes first but does that mean it's going to happen:doah:

Replacement side cover gasket?

Well the engine (6.5 blue clone model 66015 manufactured 12/08) has maybe 3-4hrs ride time on. Hoping to be able to reuse the existing side cover gasket.

As a back up, called affordable go carts they don't have it.

Any leads who might have a replacement?

Anyone familiar with a product/ paste called something like FORM A GASKET? is that still floating around being used?

What a week, Happy Friday

i never had valve float on mine when the governor was removed and it had the stock valve springs. they're cheap and easy to install so you might as well do them.

Do not use gasket sealer on the sidecover! The sidecover gasket acts as a spacer for the crank as well a gasket, it will have a terrible outcome or wont even work.

Do not use gasket sealer on the sidecover! The sidecover gasket acts as a spacer for the crank as well a gasket, it will have a terrible outcome or wont even work.
used that stuff on the car years ago, is what the old timers was using, and it worked great. definitely try to avoid it.

thanks npatton19

as long as you're careful removing the side cover the gasket should be ok. i've had mine off a couple of times and it's still fine.
Gonna wing it. Another member on here did one recently and sounded like the gasket got toasted. Problem is the parts diagram even the one above from ARC
look little bit different. Might have to form this one. Still a week out though.

Last edited: