Grand Rapids Mich Ride 6-20-15 1:00 pm

Yep its short notice ... just gonna buzz around for an hour or two ...

We are meeting at All Parts at 7609 Division Ave S, Grand Rapids, MI 49548
1:00 pm

Kevin

The ride was small but fun, 4 guys rode, Tom, Mike, Dan and myself ....

Got back into the woods and shortly thereafter beekeepers chain popped its master link and donated it back to the earth it came from ... We rode back to the truck and got another ....

Please note that beekeeper still has no air cleaner ... however following his smoky trail in the woods was no problem ... I love the smell of 30w in the morning!

We rode in the woods and on the surface streets for awhile and I got thirsty (no cup holders on my mini yet) so we rode to the local party store for a Pop, Soda or Coke depending on your geographic location (pop here) ... the bikes took a breather ....

We were off for some more riding when the heathen smokers in the bunch (beekeeper) stopped for a smoke break and a photo op ....
That's Dan, Mike and Tom.

A point of interest here is Dan's Doodle Bug in front has a 212 Predator on it ... it will throw you if you are un aware ... We ran into another mini bike rider on a Motovox with a 79cc motor on it ... Eric was his name and he looked to be 23-ish .... Dan let him take the Doodle Bug and Eric took off like he was riding an untamed horse, he was on the back wheel and going side to side until he dumped it. I wish I had video or pics but sadly I don't ... the Doodle Bug also threw its owner Dan once real good ... again no camera, Damn!

All was going well when the chain popped off of the new Hilltopper ...

We tried to put it back on but couldn't get past the guard so Tom was dispatched to his truck to get a screwdriver so we could get to the bottom of this! It wasn't good .... the Hilltopper was unrepairable in the field and will need major organ replacement surgery ... I pulled the cover off when I got home and snapped this pic ...

In defense of the Hilltopper this is partially my fault .... I welded up a bad groove that was worn in the shaft but used CRS rod .... and when I went to line up the sprocket with the back wheel the sprocket was too far out as the wheel was positioned to the right of center from someone's previous repair or poor reassembly ... the 2 were a lethal combination ... and we were riding VERY hard ... but that's how we ride ... the correct repairs will be and it will be back at it in no time.

The group was small but the fun was BIG!!

Nice write up Six!..............Had a great time, always an adventure when we get together!........:laugh:........Looking foreward to the next one!.................:thumbsup:..................Tom.