Great MiniBiker Build-Off:DELRAY ENTRY

You could also check out a computer recycler. I have one in town and they have lots of belts and pulleys for stepper motors for next to nothing.

Oldsalt

You could also check out a computer recycler. I have one in town and they have lots of belts and pulleys for stepper motors for next to nothing.
Good idea. A very small belt would probably drive a small generator rather well. Some R.C. model airplanes use electric motors that, like some other larger motors, are generators when driven. Some of them R.C. motors are dirt cheap.

Salt, You mean Remote control cars and trucks motors can be rewired to make it a generator? I have a lot of them, dead, my boys love remote cars and trucks, all 3 of them, and they seem to like to destroy them quick too, i just can't seem to throw them away after spending, sometimes $140.00 on them each, like them darned Hummers, they would rather watch them bounce down the steps than to drive them with the remotes, anyway, how is this done, making a motor into a generator.
dave

Oldsalt

The trick [I think] will be finding a means to regulate the output. Is there any electrotronical guys out there that can say how to best do it? There has gotta be something off the shelf. It would be easier if a battery were in the system, but that item is nothing but trouble.

delray

ok guys, i have not posted anything for awhile and been busy with summer here.
to late to finish it for the build off,but i will try to keep some postings of what i am doing to the bike.
work on a set of folding foot pegs for the bike. i started out with a peice of angle iron and weld a flat peice of steel to it. making it a channel peice and then cut up a small peice of pipe and then center it into the channel and drilling a hole through it. i will need to cut a small peice off the pipe,so the foot peg can fold up. also will trim the channel ends so they are more rounded. BLACK marker shows where i will be triming it and also going to trim the grips down little.:thumbsup:

delray

fab up a small bracket to hold the cable in place and adjuster holder for the cable it self on the brake arm and install a spring return.

delray

well my project has been kind of slow working 12hrs a day and weekends with other stuff to do:doah:,but i did get the frame sandblasted:thumbsup:

delray

built a headlight bracket and drilled a small hole on top of the triple tree to mount it on. i just use a small piece of tubing and cut it to length and welded a bolt to it. this way i can rotate it back and forth and up and down:thumbsup:

i was not real happy with the original headlight that i was going to use? it look just like this on my other minibike build.

it looks good on this green bike,but i wanted something more old school /classic vintage look:thumbsup:
found headlight on ebay. it uses a standard 6volt bulb that i can replace with a led cluster bulb set-up. leds will use less volts and will look brighter and yes the headlight cover will not stay green:doah::repuke:

:scooter:......

Very nice job on that mini of yours.. good ingenuity all around, and my favorite part was your inclusion of radiusing the fenders to match the tires--more people need welders so they can aesthetically build thier bikes--it just looks that much better.. the chain/clutch guard was nicely done as well.. I'll make one for my Super Bronc once I get a mig welder-- Very nice job.

delray

i finally got around to seal my frame and parts in some epoxy primer couple weeks ago, so the parts would not rust. i have to go back and fab a weld on kickstand on the frame,but that won't happen until spring.just to mini-projects going on right now:doah:

Man i absolutely love that chain guard, i have been trying to think of how to make one for my own bike, i just might have to steal you're idea. I'm loving the look of this whole bike by the way, all the details make it look amazing i can't wait to see it finished.

delray

i did some work on the kick stand last weekend. fab up most of the parts and now i just need to fab up couple mounting studs for the spring:smile: