H50 Tecumseh vs. Briggs Raptor

delray

hey FloridaMiniBikes. if you decide to go with a cam in that flathead 5hp. dyno makes two real good cam's for that tecumseh engine.
245 and a 255 grind. where are you finding the repop 19mm dellorto carb's

no self respecting mini bike engine should have a kazoo for a carburator..

this line is killing me. I have hated briggs carbs since i first had one. refuse to even mess with them usually because they will only run for me for a short time. usually a couple hours then the diaphram fails.

im in the tecumseh group on this one, simply because my first engine was a tec powered push mower that lasted 10 years before the carb gasket broke... the carb was removed, not touched, replaced, using same broken gasket, and continued on. couldnt kill it

no self respecting mini bike engine should have a kazoo for a carburator..

this line is killing me. I have hated briggs carbs since i first had one. refuse to even mess with them usually because they will only run for me for a short time. usually a couple hours then the diaphram fails.

im in the tecumseh group on this one, simply because my first engine was a tec powered push mower that lasted 10 years before the carb gasket broke... the carb was removed, not touched, replaced, using same broken gasket, and continued on. couldnt kill it

Glad you liked it. A kazoo that HAS to be mounted on top of the gas tank. I mean, were they just making it up as they went along?? Want to use a frame mounted tank? Sure, put it on. But it'll still need to suckle from its tank below. Pa-leez! Sure, the Tecumseh carb needs a lot of fine tuning and can be basically a lot of work to get peak performance out of. But oh is it worth it!

Keep in mind that the dyno cams have no compression release and creates a issue with just pull starting. You have to slowly pull over compression before really pulling it hard or it will yank out of your hand.