H60: Can it accept an HM80 lighting coil?

So I was about to install the lighting coil I bought off ebay on this H60 I aquired a few weeks ago when I realized the coil and flywheel came off an HM80. I could have sworn I bought one from an H60. In any case are the shafts the same size anyway? Also I've heard the taper can be a little different. I would know this right away if it doesn't fit right? I just don't want to be banging it in and think it fits only to have it fly off should it start up. The current stator magnets were really rusted as well as the flywheel magnets. I sanded them clean and will do the points tonight. But I'd rather just go with installing the lighted coil and flywheel. So H60 vs HM80: close enough??

wow,this is an interesting question.
i have the same dilemma,except i have a running 8hp and a dead 6hp.
wondered if i could use the lighted coil flywheel stuff off the 6 on the 8.
kinda backwards of what you are doing,same theory tho?
btw,really like the new handle.:thumbsup:

wow,this is an interesting question.
i have the same dilemma,except i have a running 8hp and a dead 6hp.
wondered if i could use the lighted coil flywheel stuff off the 6 on the 8.
kinda backwards of what you are doing,same theory tho?
btw,really like the new handle.:thumbsup:
Wow same dilema. LOL.

Yeah, I found this guy Johnny Tillotson on ebay while searching for Tillotson carbs. HAHA he's a real dude. I couldn't resist.

Well I got it to spark up and run on starting fluid with its regular coil so at least I know it runs at all. I suppose I'll try the lighting coil this weekend. Kinda hate to mess it up if it runs now though.. But if anyone knows if the lighting coil should fit I'd love to know.

Lighting coil will fit but the flywheel will not, you will have to find a lighting coil flywheel off an H60 or similar for the lighting coil to work.

Got the H60 running and boy does it run good. Also found a lighted flywheel on ebay for an H70. Seller didnt notice it had magnets all around. $50. So I went for it. Now if my lighted coil fits inside I will give this s go.

Got the H60 running and boy does it run good. Also found a lighted flywheel on ebay for an H70. Seller didnt notice it had magnets all around. $50. So I went for it. Now if my lighted coil fits inside I will give this s go.
seems like we shoulda just swapped parts at the start? :shrug:
my 6 lighted for your 8 lighted parts.....woulda saved money.

now does the 7hp flywheel work onna 6?
because i thought?? they told me 5-6 were same,and 7-8-9 were in their own group as far as compatibility?
please teach me more.

seems like we shoulda just swapped parts at the start? :shrug:
my 6 lighted for your 8 lighted parts.....woulda saved money.

now does the 7hp flywheel work onna 6?
because i thought?? they told me 5-6 were same,and 7-8-9 were in their own group as far as compatibility?
please teach me more.
HAHA I thought 5 and up were the same. Did you want to trade? Sorry I didn't pick up on that. I was gonna keep the 8 flywheel regardless cuz i have some bigger motors coming my way. One way or the other I will have a lighted motor out of all this junk and all will be good in JohnnyTillotson land. But I'd still trade with ya if you want.

The differences stem from the whether the parts are from a Large or Medium Frame motor Tec.used to do this alot after my 40+ years in the business I think I have seen pretty much everything