Hand me down Bonanza BC1300

CarPlayLB

Hello OldMiniBikes!
I did a little horse tradin' with OwenD in NY...got me parts of a BC1300 that needed some love. Most of the parts were there, but due to the shear immenseness (is that a word?) of the Bonanza frames, poor little Owen had to ship it in seperate boxes. He did an awesome job of packing it! Unfortunately for me, I did not get to take it apart, and may need some help with assembly!
Beings it was already apart, I took it the powder coater right away. This was supposed to be a mini for the wife, but due to her ability to crash, her nervousness riding a mini that is worth real dollars, and that fact that she wanted a "pink" bike...big Daddy has taken over the build.
The conversation went like this "Honey, all the pink colors they have are horrible...how about this shade of blue?" DONE! I have no before pics...maybe Owen can post some here? Here is where I am at now

JAX the dog is helping!

fistfullabar

Hello OldMiniBikes!
I did a little horse tradin' with OwenD in NY...got me parts of a BC1300 that needed some love. Most of the parts were there, but due to the shear immenseness (is that a word?) of the Bonanza frames, poor little Owen had to ship it in seperate boxes. He did an awesome job of packing it! Unfortunately for me, I did not get to take it apart, and may need some help with assembly!
Beings it was already apart, I took it the powder coater right away. This was supposed to be a mini for the wife, but due to her ability to crash, her nervousness riding a mini that is worth real dollars, and that fact that she wanted a "pink" bike...big Daddy has taken over the build.
The conversation went like this "Honey, all the pink colors they have are horrible...how about this shade of blue?" DONE! I have no before pics...maybe Owen can post some here? Here is where I am at now

JAX the dog is helping!

triple show chrome:drool::drool::drool:

CarPlayLB

Man that bike looks awesome . What engine are you putting on it ?:thumbsup:
I appreciate all the comps! Thanks

I have an NOS HS50 that I found through MMurphy here...he had posted about some guy that had ball bearing HS50's on eBay that could be had cheaper if ya call the guy...so I called the guy...$300 shipped for a never opened HS50 complete. I was stoked when I opened the box as it was factory sealed! Had a newspaper that wrapped the exhaust with 1978 on it. I just finished painting it silver last night. Popped the carb off and the gasket was wrecked, so I am waiting for my OldMiniBikes order to button this up.

Struggling with the jack shaft right now. OldMiniBikes sells a replacement, but it is too short. On my model the input gear is outboard of the bearing hangers. I have a longer jackshaft coming, but it doesn't have the factory grooves for the snap rings...need to find me someone with a lathe...if not I will see if the drill press can magically turn into a vertical lathe!

Itype2slo

I bet the chrome man smiles when he see's you coming:laugh: that's a nice bonanza I see Hent has badges in the warehouse. No stinking badges jokes:no:

CarPlayLB

I bet the chrome man smiles when he see's you coming:laugh: that's a nice bonanza I see Hent has badges in the warehouse. No stinking badges jokes:no:
John, you never replied to my PM...C'mon man...I have sticker mania going on here! Lets do some grip tape for your Powell too!

Chrome man says "Gordo gringo es muy loco!" (Fat guy is crazy!)
I have the badge for this bike...restored nicely...just need the proper rivets...anyone help me with the correct rivets?