Handle bars shake when stopped

What's up everyone? Im new to the forum and I recently picked up a DB30.

After I got the bike, I took it all apart and painted it and put a Predator 212 engine in it. Well it runs good and rides, but whenever I take my hands off of the handle bars is shakes like crazy. I tightened the bolt the holds the handle bars on but it still shakes. Like if I'm at a stop and take my hands off with the engine running it shakes. So I know it cant be anything like a loose bearing or bad tires. Anybody know what to do to stop this? Or at least make it less? Thanks

125ccCrazy

sounds like engine vibration which is common since these engines are not properly balanced from the factory...some are worse than others...

Put your hands back on the bars :laugh: Mine does it too, some times worse then others. Runs like a raped ape so I dont care:hammer::scooter:

If you just bought it recently return it and try another one. From what I've seen is some are worse than others. Mine runs smoothly. Kids down the street acts like it's trying to rip itself off the frame

vwfan79

You might try upping the idle a bit, mine shakes pretty good with low idle but if I kick it up a bit then it gets better. Never ran mine stock so don't know if the mods made it worse or not.

The vibrations of the engine at idle could be close to the resonant frequency of your handlebars. Try taping something heavy (lead wheel balancing weights or a wrench) near the top to see if it fixes the issue. Not a permanent fix, but at least you’ll know what’s up.